SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We’re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of the VP, Private Brands is never the same but, in this role, you will be accountable for a portfolio of private label brands including brand positioning and strategy, pricing strategy, consumer understanding, and brand marketing leading to private label share growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversees private label portfolio to assure execution of product development within established brand strategies
- Engages with our corporate and independent retailers, educating, training and selling them on the opportunities in private label, new item sales, seasonal sales, and cross-merchandising. Increases seasonally, specialty and new item offerings. Offers training seminars and develop panels with Best in Class retailers to share strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for national merchandising plans, local execution requirements for specific markets, the definition of go-to-market strategies for specific markets and specific customers.
- Partners with finance to develop and monitor private label annual financial plans.
- Keep abreast of competitive activity regarding stores and common national brands.
- Leverages consumer insight and understanding in the development of successful private label brands.
- Provides, and ensures direct reports provide, quality staff management and administrative responsibilities including performance evaluations, mentoring, skills development, disciplinary actions, recruitment, and salary management.
- Manages staffing and budgetary requirements to ensure organizations effectiveness.
- Supplies the tools, training, and environment necessary for staff to be successful
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor\’s Degree (Required) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Master\’s Degree (Preferred).
- 10+ years of related industry experience
- Ten (10) years Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Possesses skills to influence others and work collaboratively and cross-functionally within an organization.
- Exceptional creative, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and negotiate with diplomacy and tact. Strong analytical, strategic planning and business acumen skills.
- Experience working across business units, and ability to leverage resources to accomplish company goals.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
Location: Grand Rapids Service Center
City, State: Grand Rapids, MI
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Number: 20883
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more!
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!