Job ID: 1103454 | Amazon.com Services LLC
The Private Brand Safety and Compliance (PBPSC) team is responsible for establishing and administering a program that ensures product safety and enables compliance of Amazon’s Private Brand (PB) products. The program is designed to protect our customers, our brands and Amazon with the commitment to only sell PB Products that are safe for customer use and meet or exceed Amazon’s compliance requirements.
We are looking for a hard-working, and creative candidate to join our Worldwide Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance Team as a Program Manager. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in cross-functional program management and execution. You will work directly with the Global Product and Compliance team, Retail, 3rd party Service Providers, Legal, Sourcing and Quality Operations, Technical teams and external business partners to drive compliance initiatives and efficiencies in our Private Brands program.
The position is responsible for leading and executing projects focused on the delivery of a compliance program for Private Brands. As part of your scope, you will identify new marketplaces, businesses, and programs that sit within our compliance models framework for inclusion in our post-market audit program. You will be responsible for the expansion of the program and the development of tools to ensure verification of Private Brand’s upstream controls in all marketplaces where private brand products are developed and sold. You will identify automation opportunities across the Private Brand post-market audit program and will work with technical experts to develop and deliver tools to increase the efficiency of the program. You will gather and implement requirements, develop Standard Operating Procedures, work with 3rd party service providers and internal stakeholders and develop the milestones and program schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the projects. You will gather the necessary metrics to initiate new work streams and report results. Working closely with the Private Brand compliance team you will develop ingestion points into existing programs for the day-to-day management of new post-launch audits, new marketplaces, and automation tools.
Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. This role is key to enabling compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory requirements for the Private Brands Business.
Key to success in this role is exceptional program management and organizational skills, customer obsession and clear, concise communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to collaborate and with stakeholders to expand our program across new geographies and business models, identifying risks in the execution of the Private Brands program and scoping new audit opportunities to address those risks. The ability to translate complex issues for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences through exceptional written and verbal communication skills is paramount. The candidate will be required to work independently and as part of a team, be a trusted partner to stakeholders and actively collaborate across multiple business functions to create consensus and deliver results.
- Partner with global teams to identify new marketplaces, businesses, and programs and expand the post-launch audit programs.
- Develop SOPs and ingestion points to facilitate hand-off of the day-to-day execution of lab testing and audits for new work streams to Program Managers
- Expand and develop program to include additional testing parameters across multiple Private Brand business and marketplaces.
- Identify automation opportunities and develop tools to scale the program.
- Build and maintain escalation processes for interactions between Amazon and compliance orgs, business partners, vendors/manufacturers and 3rd party service providers.
- Partner with Compliance Operations teams and Global Product Compliance Teams to oversee audit framework, analyze and identify root cause and ensure that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization.
- Make appropriate trade-offs to manage risk, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to scope and deliver complex solutions.
- Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure completion within established time-frames.
- Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with retail business teams to understand business objectives and communicate reasonable deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in auditing in a manufacturing or retail environment, supply chain management, product compliance, product development, process improvement, project management
- A relentless drive for results, even in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and champion best-in-class solutions and problem-solving
- Able to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to execute projects requiring cross-organizational alignment and prioritization
- Demonstrated experience creating sustainable processes with mechanisms used to ensure compliance with process
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
- Adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies
- Proven track record of implementing scalable compliance solutions (technology, procedures, processes, etc.) in a regulated environment
- Client Servicing/Account management within Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance and/or Product Development testing environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.