Job ID 1784254BR
Location Mooresville, North Carolina
Location Name Mooresville, NC (Import Sourcing)
Address 1000 Lowes Blvd
Employment Type I Full time
Employment Type II Regular
Line of Business Corporate
Department LWS_USA_Product Development Building Products
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The PDM will implement an International Merchandising Process that will provide Lowe\’s and LG Sourcing (Lowe\’s Global Merchandising) the ability to merchandise internationally sourced products in a method that is consistent with our customer\’s expectations. This role is responsible for collaboratively working to determine priority business partners and understand near and long-term growth plans for the business focusing on key import & domestic Private Brand category opportunities with a balanced country of diversification strategy for each category. The PDM will work with branding to deliver a consolidated Private Brand Strategy for his/her divisions. The leader will work with branding to ensure simple and consistent brand standards, category positioning, voice, and price positioning while building plans and working cross-functionally to execute. Product Development Merchants will work with Merchandising and be held accountable to drive import & Private Brand growth and innovation.
Product Development Merchants will facilitate bringing together internal and external resources to complete the projects including, merchandising, trend, design, marketing, branding, logistics, LG Sourcing, packaging, and international & domestic Private Brand vendors. The incumbent will provide input to and deliver on Merchandising Category strategies and be held accountable for delivering Private Brand & import penetration, innovation, sales, and margin goals.
The position also plays a key role in managing and leading the supplier base to be sales and profit solution providers. This role is expected to deliver a world-class supplier matrix with the best in class product and pricing.
This role is critical to Lowe\’s because it handles the import & Private Brand piece of the business and drive sales and profit as the 4th largest importer in the US. In addition, it is charged with identifying innovative products and programs for both Import and Private Brand opportunities while ensuring the delivery of key product roadmap items to deliver sales and margin improvement.
- Merchandising Key Contact: The PDM will provide input to and deliver on Merchandising Category strategies and be held accountable for delivering Private Brand and import penetration, sales and margin goals. They will be experts on the Private Brand Portfolio and be the key contact with supporting organizations related to sourcing and private brands while engaging trends and design resources when needed.
- Drive Private Brand & Import Innovation: Identify innovative products and programs for both Import and Private Brand opportunities while ensuring the delivery of key product roadmap items to deliver sales and margin improvement. These individuals will be category experts and will leverage Sourcing, Private Brands, Quality Assurance and design resources to ensure innovation and programs are delivered quickly and cost-effectively to the market.
- Vendor Management: Will work with sourcing to manage current vendors\’ performance, while also diversifying vendors to bring on new suppliers, new countries or find vendors to develop Private Brand innovation. This role will be a key contact with domestic offices and communicate with sourcing offices for imports to negotiate program elements and vendor defective collections or MST support.
- Managing import programs: Import Item set-up/PCM facilitators including utilizing the Tradestone system, responsible for collecting quarterly excess defectives from import vendors, International Sourcing Trip planners.
- Financial Responsibility: Demonstrate financial and business acumen by delivering a Private Brand Strategy for assigned categories. Responsible for establishing pricing, import, and Private Brand growth, category sales and margin and import category penetration. Will include product reviews and establishing product differentiators and overall brand/product performance.
- Bachelor\’s Degree in Business, International Business, or related field.
- 3+ years experience in Merchandising, Contract Negotiation, Supplier Development, Sourcing, or International Business.
- 6+ years experience in Merchandising, Contract Negotiation, Supplier Development, Sourcing, or International Business.
- Master\’s Degree in Business, International Business, or related field.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts.
For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.