Today we are proud to announce the judges of the seventh annual Vertex Awards. This year’s panels of 18 judges include design luminaries from nine countries who are tasked with holding entrants to a higher standard for private brand design. Every year we strive to bring together the creative dream team of branding and packaging design. This year several winners from the last four years have agreed to join the jury.
Private Brands and their packaging have slowly evolved over the last fifty years. However, with the emergence of the internet, Google, Amazon, and the changing customer this year’s competition is sure to provide a glimpse into the future of private brands. Private brands are shifting from old school national brand equivalents to many retailer’s last best hope. Everything is changing and anything is possible.
Open to retail owned brands worldwide in any trade channel, the Vertex Awards encourage retailers, agencies, consultants, graphic design firms, manufacturers, and brokers to enter the competition.
The Vertex Awards is accepting entries until January 25, 2020. To qualify, the work must have been available for sale to the public for the first time from November 2017 to November 30, 2018.
THE STANDARD RATE ENDS JANUARY17.
Judges for this year’s competition include:
- Paco Adin,Creative Director
- Danielle Beal, Creative Director
The Creative Pack, California, USA
- Paula Bunny, Creative Director
Brother Design, New Zealand
- Connie Cao, Senior Graphic Designer
ACE Global Distribution (Shanghai) Ltd. a subsidiary of ACE Hardware Corporation USA, China
- Chris Cheung, Co-founder
- Charlene Codner, Founder & Chief Creative Officer
Fish out of Water Design, Ontario, Canada
- Steven Cox, Creative Director
Daymon, Connecticut, USA
- Maria Dubuc, President, MBD; Vice President, Big Red Rooster
Marketing by Design (MBD), Massachusetts, USA
- Michael Duffy, Group Creative Director & Partner
Equator Design, Illinois, USA
- Guillermo Dufranc, Private Brand Design Director
- Masanori Eto, Creative Director
AdBrain,Inc., Tokyo, Japan
- Loe Limpens, Managing Partner
Yellow Dress Retail, Netherlands
- Todd Maute, Partner
CBX, New York, USA
- Fred Richards, CCO & Partner
Kaleidoscope, Illinois, USA
- Tatiana Ryfer, Head of the Branding & Visual Identity
Jens Sievert, Creative Director
Daymon International, Lisbon, Portugal
- Nick Vaus, Partner & Creative Director
Free the Birds, United Kingdom
- ZHOU Wenjun, Founder, Creative Director & Architect
524 Studio, China