The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on the solicitation and acceptance of Sponsorship and to ensure that all Sponsorship is consistent with My Private Brand’s values, strategic directions and image.
The term Sponsorship refers to the space used to promote an event, product or the service on the My Private Brand’s website. It includes the use of banners, sponsorship messages, promotions, and other contextual messages. It applies to both paid and complimentary Sponsorship.
- Sponsorship Site
Any space offered for Sponsorship on the My Private Brand’s website; emails; newsletters, etc.
- Deceptive Sponsorship
Sponsorship that is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances, ie it is material/important to a consumer’s decision to buy or use the product
Means My Private Brand
The Website accepts Sponsorship according to the following principles:
The Website has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Sponsorship on the its Sponsorships site.
All Sponsorships are subject to approval by the Website, which reserves the right to reject or cancel any Sponsorship at any time.
The Website reserves the right to decline any submitted Sponsorship or to discontinue at any time, and for any reason, the posting of any Sponsorship previously accepted. When the Website discontinues Sponsorship before the end of the contract term, it will notify the sponsor promptly of the action and will provide the sponsor with the reason for rejecting its Sponsorship.
- Under no circumstances shall the Website’s acceptance of any Sponsorship be considered an endorsement, recommendation, or guarantee of the opinion; point of view; standard; product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s). It is forbidden to give the impression that an event, service or product is endorsed or associated with the Website in any way if such endorsement has not been given in writing. Accordingly, in consideration of publication of a Sponsorship, the sponsor and or its agency, jointly and or severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Website, its employees and agents against expenses and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the Sponsorship, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of privacy, breach of warranty; negligence; product liability; fraud; misrepresentation; copyright infringement, or plagiarism.
- Other than the return of any charge that has been paid, the Website is not liable for any alleged loss or damages if an Sponsorship is omitted for any reason.
- Sponsors claims for errors will be reviewed on case – by – case basis with discounts offered for Sponsorship in question or on sponsor’s next order provided it is determined that the Website made the error and that the error seriously affected Sponsorship results.
- Website’s Identity
The Website’s name or logo will not appear on any Sponsorship without prior permission. Any use of the logo shall adhere to the rules for the use of same.
- Sponsor’s Identity
All Sponsorships must clearly and prominently identify the sponsor by trademark or signature.
- Editorial Independence
The Website recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Sponsorship content and editorial content. The Website has a complete editorial independence in creating information, text, graphics, images, tools, and other materials on its Sponsorships site. The Website does not allow sponsors to influence editorial decisions in the creation or presentation of content, or to make any changes to its content.
- Avoidance of Confusion
All Sponsorships will be clearly identified as such, and will be distinguishable from editorial content. Any Sponsorship that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as an Sponsorship.
- Placement of Sponsorship
The Website retains the exclusive right to determine the placement and method of display of the Sponsorship, although sponsor’s preference will be met when practical.
The Website may not be liable for any failure to publish any Sponsorship accepted by it, however, the Website shall use its reasonable efforts to place such Sponsorship in subsequent available space
- Unacceptable Sponsorships
The Website reserves the right to refuse space to any Sponsorship or organization that is deemed incompatible with its corporate image; values and strategic directions. Sponsorship relating to any of the following is unacceptable
- Sponsorships for any products or services known to be harmful to health or those from manufacturers of or companies closely associated with such products
- Sponsorships known to be deceptive; offensive or fraudulent
- Sponsorships for services or events that directly compete with any of the Website’s activities, is incompatible with the Website’s vision and mission, or which may injure the good name or reputation of the Website and or its Sponsorships site.
- Sponsorship that is not factually accurate and in good taste
- Sponsorship for illegal or objectionable products
- Sponsorship that contains material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, colour, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- Sponsorship associated with firearms, ammunition, pornography, tobacco, gambling, or alcohol.
- Sponsorship that attempt could be construed as a conflict of interest for the websites owner/author
- Change in Policy
The Website reserves the right to change this Policy at any time by posting a revised Sponsorship Policy on the Website and in its publications, provided that no change applies to Sponsorships whose closing date precedes the announcement of the change.
It is the responsibility of the sponsor to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws and regulations. The Website will not monitor compliance of sponsors with such laws and regulations, but may promptly remove Sponsorship should the Website become aware of non – compliance or potential noncompliance with any of such laws or regulations or of these guidelines.
The Website is not responsible for any claims made in a Sponsorship appearing on its Sponsorships site.