Job ID: 474107
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Marketing & PR
Private Label is a fast-growing business at Amazon, focused on providing our customers with high-quality products at low prices. We look for talented, enthusiastic people who are excited about growing our ever-expanding selection of products, helping customers to easily find those products online as quickly and as easily as possible. We encourage and foster new ideas and strategies, using the customer point of view as our guide. Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer.
The Amazon Hardlines Private Brands team is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Marketing Manager to help grow our business by using innovative merchandising and marketing techniques to grow current business and ensure the successful launch of new products. In this role, you will make decisions using data blended with the creative thought required to build a best-in-class brand. You will have a high-level of ownership right out of the gate and will be responsible for all customer-facing content in your categories, including: lifestyle photography, white background/tabletop photography, comprehensive product descriptions (technical and editorial), video, user manuals, and merchandising campaigns. You will be an owner of the AmazonBasics and Pinzon brands and will make decisions as though it is your own. You’ll work with Product Managers to understand the product features and develop a marketing and merchandising strategy to educate the consumer on these differentiators via content and placement across Amazon. You’ll work regularly with EU counterparts to align on product launches, photography, translations, and other pertinent product information to ensure a successful global launch.
A successful candidate will index well on ownership (e.g. ensuring your products launch on schedule), invent and simplify (e.g. optimize the global launch process), customer obsession (e.g. lifestyle photography), insist on high standards (e.g. logo quality and placement on product), and learn and be curious (e.g. does video drive increased engagement?).
The candidate will have at least five years of experience with online merchandising, online marketing, or Web Publishing and will be innovative, motivated, self-directed, and work with internal stakeholders to drive business objectives.
- Manage your product launch schedule and execute against our perfect launch SOP
- Plan, coordinate and execute merchandising initiatives
- Work with our copywriter on creating best-in-class detail page content
- Plan, execute, and analyze online marketing and merchandising initiatives
- Work with product managers and in-stock managers to optimize existing business and plan for upcoming product launches
- Analyze traffic patterns and optimize for seasonality, relevance, and selection
- Partner with internal and external agencies on creating style guides, photoshoot shot lists, and creative assets to ensure marketing assets remain on-brand.
- Partner with global teams to launch products globally with no defects
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in an online marketing/merchandising field
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Excellent documentation skills and workflow management
- Bachelor\’s degree in an associated discipline
- Relentless customer focus
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML, XML, Photoshop, and general office software.
- Experience in creating customer-facing content
- Global e-commerce experience