In celebration of Ahold owned grocer Stop & Shop’s 100th Anniversary the retailer has released a set of retro Stop & Shop Private Brands products in historic, retro designs featuring the old bow tie Stop & Shop logo. The products debuted May 23rd and include: Coffee, New England Clam Chowder, Hotdog & Hamburger Rolls, and Ice Cream.
Greenville, South Carolina-based grocer BI-LO announced this week Kuddles, its new Private Brand of quality, affordable formula, diapers and baby essentials, now available in BI-LO stores. Backed by the line’s 100 percent happiness guarantee, parents can rest assured that Kuddles will keep their babies smiling, making more time for what matters most.
“There is no need to spend more money or travel farther to get the quality baby essentials you need. We’d like to invite parents to compare Kuddles to the national brands today and see how much they can save”
“There is no need to spend more money or travel farther to get the quality baby essentials you need. We’d like to invite parents to compare Kuddles to the national brands today and see how much they can save,” added Kellmanson, senior vice president of marketing for BI-LO.
Families are sure to benefit from Kuddles value and variety, helping them meet their needs every (baby) step of the way. From diapers and wipes to food and formula, parents can depend on Kuddles to offer a solution to life’s little hiccups, in one convenient location. BI-LO’s new Kuddles baby brand line features:
- New, softer, snugger drier diapers, with a back waistband for fit and containment and hypoallergenic and fragrance free liners, available in size 1 through size 5, plus training pants;
- Alcohol-free baby and kid wipes in 10 assorted scents, including Soothing Shea Butter, Lavender, Green Tea, Fresh, Unscented and more;
- FDA reviewed and approved baby formula with DHA and ARA in five varieties, featuring an innovative scoop that fits into the lid for easy access;
- Baby lotion, powder, oils and hair detangler, comparable to leading national brands, and more!
For more information, or to locate the nearest neighborhood BI-LO store, visit www.bi-lo.com.
Landover, Md.-based Giant Food, a banner of Ahold USA, has introduced a new promotion designed to grow trial of Private Brands. The event challenges customers to try it’s Private Brands to put them to the test in the “Buy Theirs, Get Ours Free Challenge.” During the weeks of March 16 and March 23, customers who purchase select national brand products; will receive Giant’s Private Brand equivalent products for free.
Week of March 16 – 22, 2014
- Buy Ballpark Beef Franks (15 oz) get Own Brands Beef Franks (16 oz), FREE
- Buy Coke (2 liter) get Own Brands Cola (2 liter) FREE
- Buy Charmin Bath Tissue (6 pack), Get Own Brands Bath Tissue (6 pack) FREE
- Buy Claritin Allergy Get Own Brands Allergy FREE
Week of March 23 – 29, 2014
- Buy Bounty Paper Towels (single roll), get Own Brands Paper Towels (single roll) FREE
- Buy Quaker Chewy Bars (8 pack) get Own Brands Chewy Bras (10 pack) FREE
- Buy Campbells Chunky Soup (1 can), get Own Brands Chunky Soup FREE
- Buy Ben & Jerry’s Pints (1 pint) get Own Brands Ice Cream Pints (1 pint) FREE
Carlisle, Pennsylvania based grocer Ahold USA, announced this week that it received Rainforest Alliance certification for its Simply Enjoy Private Brand teas and UTZ certification for its Simply Enjoy coffees. The farms where the tea is grown have met the sustainability standards of the Sustainable Agriculture Network for Rainforest Alliance Certification, and the farms where the coffees are grown have met the requirements needed to receive UTZ certification.
The five Simply Enjoy teas — Masala Chai Organic Black Tea, Earl Grey Crème Organic Black Tea, Earl Grey Lavender Loose Organic Black Tea, Jasmine Organic Green Tea and Acai Berry Loose Organic Green Tea — now feature the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal. The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and improve livelihoods by promoting and evaluating the implementation of the most globally respected sustainability standards in a variety of fields. Its “green frog” seal is recognized worldwide as the symbol of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
In addition to the tea, all 42 of Ahold USA’s Simply Enjoy coffees are now labeled as UTZ-certified, which means they has been produced to meet standards that protect the environment and promote good social practices, the retailer noted. UTZ’s certification program enables farmers to learn better farming methods, improve working conditions and create better opportunities while safeguarding the environment and securing the earth’s natural resources now and in the future.
“In all aspects of our company’s operations, we are working to minimize our impact on the environment today and for future generations, which includes promoting sustainability within our own brand line of private label products, whether by the way the product is harvested or the material it is packaged in,” said Juan De Paoli, senior vice president of brand management and own brands, Ahold USA. “The Rainforest Alliance Certified seal and UTZ [certification] reinforce that Ahold USA is on the leading edge in sustainability with our private label products. In addition, our customers also have the assurance that they are purchasing quality sustainable products.”
Recognized around the nation for simplifying the shopping experience by providing consumers with peer-tested recommendations, Product of the Year (www.productoftheyearusa.com) announced last week its highly anticipated roster of 2014 winners. Product of the Year USA honored this year\’s most innovative consumer products at its 6th annual awards ceremony in New York City on Tuesday, February 11th at a celebratory dinner at Manhattan\’s Edison Ballroom. Sherri Shepherd, special guest host and Daytime Emmy Award winner of ABC\’s \”The View,\” served as Master of Ceremonies alongside top improv comedians Kate James and Greg Mills. Chosen by 40,000 consumers through a survey conducted by market research group TNS, winning brands have found that the prestigious Product of the Year award and its distinctive red seal can increase sales by as much as 10-15%.
\”With so many new products flooding the marketplace each year, an advocate who can distinguish those that feature truly superior innovation is more important than ever before,\” said Mike Nolan, Global CEO of Product of the Year. \”Chosen directly by 40,000 consumers through a survey conducted by TNS, the goal of the Product of the Year award is to help consumers make informed decisions, while also encouraging brands to consistently push boundaries in order to be recognized.\”
The 23 winning products of 2014 included the first ever Private Brand recipient Aldi’s Simply Nature Squeezable Fruit which won in the in the Kids\’ Snacks category. Other winners included
- Baby Care: HUGGIES Designer Tubs
- Beverages: SK Energy Shots
- Female Personal Cleansing: Dial Coconut Water
- Breakfast: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Oatmeal
- Candy: Starburst Fruit Flavored Candy Corn
- Better For You Snacks: Skinny Cow Divine Filled Chocolates
- Dishwasher Pacs: Sunlight Lemon Oxi Complex Single Dose Power Pacs
- Dishwasher Soap: Finish Quantum® Power & Free
- Eggs: Eggland\’s Best Eggs
- Frozen Foods: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Soup
- Frozen Snacks: El Monterey Nacho Cheese Shell Shocker Taquitos
- Home Appliance: SodaStream Source
- Home Care: Mint-X Rodent Repellent Trash Bag
- Home Entertainment: Xbox One
- Home Improvement: Cabot Premium Wood Finish
- Household Cleaning: Resolve Max Power Gel
- Kid\’s Body Care: Dial Kids Body + Hair Wash
- Kids\’ Snacks: ALDI SimplyNature Squeezable Fruit
- Laundry: Woolite Everyday
- Liquid Soap: Le Savonnier Marseillais All-Purpose Soap
- Men\’s Antiperspirant & Deodorant: Right Guard Xtreme Fresh
- Pet Care: Adams Flea & Tick Home Spray
- Specialty Foods: Duncan Hines Decadent Red Velvet Cupcake
This year\’s winners will once again be showcased on the cover of PARADE Magazine in its February 23rd issue, highlighting the innovations that make these products unique. \”Our readers are always on the lookout for innovation, and creative new features that simplify their lives,\” says PARADE Editor in Chief Maggie Murphy. \”As with last year\’s winners, the 2014 Product of the Year list gives a clear indication of consumer interest as well as how companies are adapting to satisfy these demands. Empowering consumers to give feedback in this unique way is clearly beneficial for all involved.\” The awards ceremony will bring together senior level executives such as Aldi, Microsoft, Mars Inc., Kimberly Clark Corporation, Henkel, Heinz, Nestle and Reckitt Benckiser among many others.
Hosted in 39 countries, Product of the Year is the world\’s largest consumer-voted program that recognizes innovation and honors the most cutting-edge, must-have consumer products on the market. Recipients of the award are chosen by 40,000 consumers nationwide in collaboration with TNS, the world\’s largest custom research agency, to determine the winners. Winning products will have the ability to display Product of the Year\’s iconic red seal on packaging for two full years following the awards ceremony, which will help consumers identify the best of the best on supermarket shelves.