In this challenging time Perrigo Nutrition has issued an official statement reassuring shoppers that Private Brand infant formula has no current or pending disruptions to the supply chain
A Message from Perrigo Nutrition Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Perrigo cares about the health and safety of families, employees, retail partners, and suppliers. You are a top priority for us, especially as the COVID-19 global health crisis and national emergency evolves. We are closely monitoring developments, and we want to assure parents and caregivers that we are doing everything we can to produce and distribute safe infant formula products for babies at trusted stores and online outlets across the country.
Perrigo manufactures all store brand infant formula in the United States. We are not presently aware of any current or pending disruptions to our supply of formula because of this situation. We are aware that some individual stores have experienced periodic shortages of infant formula. We are working with our retail partners—including Walmart, Target, Sam’s Club, Costco, Kroger, Aldi, Amazon.com, and others—to replenish shelves as quickly as possible.
As the world continues to work through this health crisis, we wanted to share some important information.
- Perrigo continues to ship infant formula to stores nationwide. If one store is out of formula, try another store or buy online.
- All commercial infant formulas—name brands and store brands—provide complete nutrition. For most infants, switching from one type of formula (e.g., milk-based) to the same type of formula from a different brand is well tolerated. When considering which store brand formula to try, look for the “compare to” statement on the label.
- Store brand infant formulas are safe. They are manufactured in FDA-inspected facilities in Vermont and Ohio, using dairy ingredients from the United States, Canada, and New Zealand.
- Do not attempt to make your own formula. Homemade infant formula is dangerous and not recommended by the FDA or the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Do not dilute or stretch infant formula by adding extra water. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s label instructions to make certain your baby gets what he or she needs to thrive.
If you have questions about feeding your infant, contact your pediatrician.
Perrigo is committed to helping parents and caregivers feed their babies. That’s why we’re working with our retail partners to ensure product availability everywhere store brands are sold.
We also realize there are rumors circulating on the web that claim companies are giving away free cases of infant formula. Perrigo is not giving away formula—we are working to make certain store brand infant formula is available for all babies in an equitable fashion in the stores where parents and caregivers buy their formula.