A Senior Marketing Manager is able to interpret business and customer analytics, as well as consumer insights to help develop strategic marketing recommendations that impact the business. This person is responsible for leading the planning and execution of marketing and product development plans in partnership with a cross-functional team that may include, but not limited to, internal Ecommerce, Merchandising and Store Operations as well as agency teams. A Senior Marketing Manager ensures consistency across the omnichannel retail experience.
This Senior Marketing Manager position will be within the Brand and Private Label Strategy Team. This position has two areas of focus. First, this leader heads the development and production of advertising and marketing materials to include TV/Online Video, Radio/Online Audio, Digital (Display, Email, Ecommerce) and Social creative. This person will be responsible for overall project management of all Brand projects and internal and external teams, maintaining deadlines, escalating issues to the Director and communicating status and needs clearly across tams. While applying expertise in brand and communications strategy and how to leverage consumer insights to keep the work connected to the customer, this role manages the activities of the creative advertising agency and internal creative team to ensure that advertising and other content communication supports the company’s strategic goals – meeting all legal requirements – and that assets are delivered on time and on budget. The ultimate goal of this team member for this first area should be to improve not just the upper funnel Brand metrics (awareness and perception) but to influence traffic and conversion while impacting long-term preference and loyalty.
Second, this person will partner with Merchandising to develop and launch new private label brands and lead the private label brand portfolio. By understanding and leveraging consumer insights and customer analytics, this leader will implement learnings – as well as sales and performance data – to make appropriate recommendations on brands, including Duralast, the largest private label brand in the Automotive Aftermarket. Aside from working with Merchandising, Commercial (B2B), Global Sourcing and Operations teams to ensure any private label recommendation is considered enterprise-wide, the role also encompasses creative oversight across packaging and brand execution standards. This role is a mix of creative product strategy as it is analytical rigor. While there is no P&L responsibility for this role, there is an expectation of understanding this and other metrics in order to asses individual category (department-level) businesses to form informed recommendations.
This role in strategically important to the department. The person in the role will partner with the Marketing Director over Brand, Creative, Merchandise Marketing and Private Label to develop the annual marketing plan and have direct visibility to the Company’s C-Suite. She/he will have regular direct interaction with Marketing and Ecommerce Vice Presidents and Senior Vice President. This individual may at times also lead large-scale presentations. Lastly, this person will manage a multi-million dollar budget, lead multiple agencies, have input to agency Scope of Work negotiations and lead other vendor contracts.
- Developing creative briefs for initiatives and/or campaigns to communicate business and communication objectives, positioning, requirements, and timeline/budget expectations
- Ensure communication reflects accuracy in promotions, messaging hierarchy, etc.
- Reviewing and providing feedback and approvals on messaging and visual creative to external agency partners and internal creative team
- Consolidating, interpreting and communicating comments from marketing leadership
- Keeping cross-Brand team projects on schedule, prioritizing and escalating as needed
- Recapping and informing Marketing and Ecommerce leadership team as appropriate
- Lead private label management, including maintaining private label cross-functional leadership team priorities
- Develop private label recommendations based on consumer insights, customer analytics, sales data, etc.
- Maintain, update and work with the Creative team to evolve and maintain private label brand standards
- Partnering and/or leading (based on the project) with Marketing and Ecommerce team members to understand, develop, organize and distribute digital content needs on an ongoing basis
- Providing thought leadership in regard to innovative practices in the Brand management, content marketing and creative agility space
- Partner with Consumer Insights and Strategists on the agency side to track Brand health, competitive pressures and consumer perspectives in order to formulate appropriate recommendations
- Ensuring consistency in voice and visual creative throughout all communication touchpoints
- Managing multi-million dollar budget in keeping with AutoZone policies
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or other
- 10+ Years’ experience in marketing and/or advertising with a National Retailer, CPG company OR ad agency
- Experience demonstrating an understanding of consumer research and customer analytics for marketing communications and Brand strategy
- Prior experience with private label and/or product, including brand development, consumer validation and packaging and go-to-market communication development
- Leadership experience including the ability to supervise, train, coach and evaluate team’s performance
- Strong organizational and project management skills, ideally including workflow management software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Talented in problem-solving and understanding of business priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office product suite – specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience interacting with top-level leadership
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, including experience with SQL, Tableau and/or Excel
- MBA preferred
- Bilingual considered a plus
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Marketing (Corp)