Job Locations: US-TX-Irving
A 7-Eleven may bring to mind thoughts of coffee, gas, and Slurpees. But we are making some serious moves to digitally transform into a store of the future, exploring e-commerce, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence to meet the changing needs of customers.
For 90 years, 7-Eleven has been successfully meeting customers’ needs. But convenience is now being redefined. We’re integrating more than 66,000 stores worldwide with a strong digital and e-commerce presence. Through machine learning, artificial intelligence and next-level mobile technologies, we’ll meet—and exceed—our customers’ ever-changing needs. Sound like your kind of environment? Read on.
Product Development Manager will help support the development of new products, platforms and packaging for the business unit. Will cultivate consumer insights, market data and trends that help their business unit identify opportunities to grow Private Brands. A key member of their business unit, this person will work within their team to understand customer needs, create innovative products and lead a significant portion of the development process.
- Support the Private Brand Team’s vision and strategy into a pipeline of innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leverage market data, consumer insights and trends that identified ideas and platforms that resonate with 7-Eleven’s consumer base.
- Support the product development process including opportunity identification, consumer testing, establishment of success criteria, packaging development and post-launch performance verification.
- Partner with the Sr. Category Manager to develop a strategy that supports their business unit, serving as the key executional contact point with the supplier partner and internal stakeholders to gain alignment and bring high-impact platforms to market.
- Work collaboratively with the Category Team and Category Support Team to provide all critical information to facilitate product execution instore.
- Provide input regarding the management of existing private brands assortments, including opportunities for expansion, promotion and rationalization of items.
- Assist in the development of the Associate Product Development Manager and ensure their activities align with the priorities of the business unit.
- Lead the execution of product sampling/tasting panels with potential consumers as well as in-house product reviews.
- Create, analyze and present performance metrics to help make business decisions about future product development strategy.
- Partner with user experience and customer research teams to drive insights into customer segments and shopping behaviors.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree
- Experience: 5 years, 3 years in new product development or related experience strongly preferred.
- Experience: Retail and/or Manufacturing experience are strongly preferred. Skilled using marketing metrics, consumer insights and data to drive business decisions.
- Proven problem-solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with attention to detail.
- Time-management skills; the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple, competing priorities.