Job ID: 1032603 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon Fashion is seeking a talented, experienced, and self-directed Sr. Art Director to generate bar-raising, industry-leading creative direction and executions for innovative and effective marketing experiences across platforms and mediums–driving traffic, awareness, and engagement.
This is an all-encompassing opportunity to raise the bar on Private Brand creative: naming, identity, and brand design; photography and video art direction; with opportunities for tag, labels and print, as well. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to motivate through vision and dedication to excellence; demonstrate success translating business goals into original solutions; and a desire to inspire and collaborate with a passionate team.
As an Art Director, you will play a significant role in engaging customers and creating a best-in-class customer experience via social media, mobile, on-site, editorial, traditional, email, and digital marketing initiatives.
This role’s key to success is the ability to translate business needs into accessibly inspiring photography, design, and branding solutions.
- Manage creative direction and development for the marketing of Amazon Fashion Private Brands–inclusive of branding, photography and graphic design.
- Work from creative briefs to translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution.
- Develop creative positioning (graphic look and feel, voice, photography etc.) for web, digital, and offline marketing (potentially swing tags, labels, and print).
- Provide photo art direction on set; bringing experience with product and editorial-style photoshoots and how to effectively direct a crew from start to finish. Direct the photography sessions including lighting, attitude, mood, styling, etc.
- Create world-class, beautiful layouts and visuals that support and reinforce business objectives; partner with the Amazon Fashion business/marketing teams to ensure that designs meet brand and business objectives.
- Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of the apparel marketplace to maximize the effectiveness of creative; keep abreast of trends and directions in promotion and creative that will keep Amazon Fashion on the leading edge.
- Act as the internal champion and owner of Amazon Fashion Private Brands.
- Manage creative for on-site, e-mail, online advertising, and occasionally print.
- Be able to present to senior management (VP-level and above), influencing business and creative decisions and direction.
- Establish and maintain a business rhythm by conducting reviews and meetings on a regular basis.
- 8+ years of design experience with Visual Design and Photo Art Direction expertise, including identity design or identity design art direction.
- Excellent concepting, creative development, and design skills.
- A remarkable portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision.
- A proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from merchants, marketers, copywriters, and product teams.
- Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and related design and production software.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in design (ie. Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Advertising or similar).
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity.
- Deep understanding of typography and image standards for the web.
- Design experience for a fashion or luxury retail offering.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities.
- Effective cross-team collaborator with the ability to work across multiple creative projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Expert understanding of the web production process; familiarity with post-production retouching and at least a working knowledge of the printing process.
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up strategic recommendations.