2019 was arguably a defining moment of a new golden age of private brand year for Private Brand and a great year for My Private Brand, readership and subscribers grew significantly making the site the most widely read daily Private Brand publication in the world. The Vertex Awards celebrated its 6th anniversary with a record number of entries as well as new Retailer of the Year honorees. The Velocity Conference moved to the spring and almost doubled in size. We spent a groundbreaking three days in Lisbon for the inaugural Velocity Conference to Europe. Stay tuned for several big announcements on our exciting plans for 2020.
We continued to push the envelope with first to market stories, insights, and strategy including stories on Amazon, Kroger, Target, Walmart, and Shoprite just to name a few.
Looking back on 2019, these are the top 20 read stories on My Private Brand.
- Dig Deeper to Understand Amazon’s Private Brand Strategies
- Amazon Private Label (Click Bait Headline Here)
- Target Kills Archer Farms & Simply Balanced & Launches Good & Gather
- Vertex Awards 2019: Best Of Show & Publishers Choice Winners
- Kroger Chairman & CEO McMullen Bullish on Private Brand
- Walmart Eyes Bigger Mission in Private Brand Growth
- Waitrose Redesigns and Relaunches No.1
- Amazon – When is a Label not a Private Brand?
- Vertex Awards 2019: Gold Winners
- ShopRite Dramatically Rethinks its Private Brand Portfolio
- Boxed.com: The Biggest, Sweetest, and Most Extraordinary Private Brand
- Groundbreaking Velocity Europe Debuts
- Staples Dramatically Reinvents Itself and Its Private Brands
- Aldi Advent Calendars are Back – Wine, Beer, Cheese & More
- Amazon Retail Chief Jeff Wilke Defends Private Brand
- Target Launches Earth Friendly Brand Everspring
- Tesco’s Jack’s Private Brand With a British Accent
- Bed Bath & Beyond Debuts Bee & Willow Home
- CVS Eliminating Chemicals of Concern from Private Brand Sunscreens
- Store Brands Now Lead in Package Design