PB CAREERS: Dollar General – Brand Manager- Health Care
Requisition ID: 2019-199693
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers, and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Responsible for the development and commercialization of Private Brand products to contribute toward the delivery of sales, profit and share goals in assigned categories. Must contribute toward the expansion of business unit strategies to include; development of new products, growth of existing products, efficient strategic sourcing, project management, internal and external relationships, process, effective consumer marketing and promotional programs
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver new Private Brands products to market on time with targeted quality and cost in assigned categories
- Lead a cross-functional team of analysts, product development, QA, supply chain and supplier persons to develop and introduce new products, improve existing products and effectively market and promote the brand(s) to consumers
- Develop and execute promotional plans to achieve financial goals.
- Partner with Demand Planning to optimize in stocks and resolve issues
- Develop business reviews (category assessments) to identify and recommend private brand opportunities
- Ensure business plan is executed properly: pricing, distribution, promotion plan, etc.
- Work with key suppliers and other 3rd parties to create products and marketing programs
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple categories
- Advanced skills in category analysis, planning and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative, along with excellent execution capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all levels of the company and in the supplier community
- Excellent project management, leadership, and supervisory skills
- Syndicated research experience with good understanding of marketing, merchandising, and retail
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in category management, sourcing and/or product development/commercialization required.
- Previous experience in a Retail environment strongly desired.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.