PB CAREERS: JCPenney – Director of Product Development
Product Development & Design
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company\’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We\’re looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Product Development Director leads the execution of the enterprise-wide private brand strategy for both the direct and indirect business by supporting and guiding the process for all key stakeholders.
- Supports the strategic direction in collaboration with the Design VP, Sourcing Director, and Buyer.
- Collaborates with the Buyer to ensure the conceptual plan supports the agreed upon strategy and Private Brand integrity.
- Identifies market share / business opportunities, assists in driving category dominance and item dominance.
- Provides subject matter expertise on competitive landscape for related product area.
- Completes competitive analysis, recommends changes in product and facilitates the follow-through and implementation of changes.
- Monitor analyze and report business performance. Recommends appropriate action for use in future development.
- Supports the Private Brand process and exclusive brands, if applicable, by being a management leader in facilitation and problem-solving.
- Ensures all product approvals are complete within the established timeline.
- Leads the development process through Cycle Time Reduction (CTR) calendar management.
- Directs CTR milestone meetings.
- Manages the Indirect process for private brands.
- Builds working relationship with cross-functional team to lead all partners involved in the creation/development of the Private Brand business.
- Leads participants in Private Brand meetings to support strategies, resolutions, and decision making in alignment with strategic direction.
- Ensures effective communication and alignment of multiple teams.
- Manages and develops Associates utilizing Company developed training tools.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 4-year College degree preferred.
- 10-15 years\’ experience in retail buying or wholesale merchandising.
- Demonstrated leader; decision-making, communication, organizing work.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.