PB CAREERS: Chewy – Vice President, Private Label
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that\’s fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 11,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it\’s our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy\’s environment is dynamic and faster than anything you\’ve ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too-that\’s not hard to do when we have our favorite four-legged friends by our side.
Chewy is looking for a Vice President of Private Label to join our Private Label Team based in Dania Beach. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, goal-oriented, and an analytical hands-on leader who excels in a fast-paced environment. He/she is experienced in private/owned brands and is equally passionate about building great brands, e-commerce, and disrupting the pet industry. This leader will have accountability for market-leading brands like American Journey, Tylee\’s and Frisco. The Private Label business unit team is highly cross-functional, including leaders in Product Management, Marketing, R&D, Quality, and Sourcing. The role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and is accountable for the full P+L and strategy of our proprietary brands business unit.
What you\’ll do:
- Own the P+L for our Private Label Brands
- Develop business strategy and plans to meet financial targets
- Develop unique insights into the needs of pet parents
- Manage 3-year product and brand pipeline
- Launch amazing pet products that our customers can\’t live without
- Develop brand strategy that is relevant to customers
- Develop structure to manage and report on business performance
- Lead negotiations with our supplier/partners to ensure lowest costs
What you\’ll need:
- 15+ years in brand marketing and/or general management positions in top CPG, retail or e-commerce organizations
- Experience building great consumer-facing businesses and brands
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Highly analytical business leader who can drive significant value in the P+L
- Experience developing brand and product strategy for consumer-facing brands
- Experience leading, coaching and developing a team
- An ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines
- Position may require frequent travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com ( HR@Chewy.com ).