PB Careers: JCPenney – Director of Responsible Sourcing
Product Integrity & Sourcing
The Responsible Sourcing team manages a comprehensive program that reaches the entire JCPenney Private Brands supply chain and ensures that suppliers and factories uphold JCPenney’s standards before they can be approved for production.
Strategy & Communication
- Engage internally to understand business needs and opportunities to support Private Brands social and environmental compliance
- Establish and advance Private Brands social compliance, sustainability, and factory security strategies
- Lead modifications and enhancements of social and environmental compliance scorecard to ensure company is properly assessing and managing risk while emphasizing data integrity
- Direct the tracking and reporting of key compliance performance indicators
- Investigate key issues, blocks, and gaps in the program and develop improved processes
- Oversee the communication of company expectations to our business and supply chain partners
Monitoring & Support
- Monitor social and environmental compliance performance across the private brand supply chain and oversee remediation of immediate risks
- Survey global trends and risks related to social compliance, factory conditions, and environmental performance
- Identify technological solutions for tracking and reporting of social compliance performance
- Oversee supplier training programs and determine opportunities for enhancements
- Directly manage the regional social and environmental responsibility directors
- Partner with supply chain and sourcing organizations and international buying offices to implement compliance strategies and mitigate social compliance risks
- Work closely with quality assurance, trade compliance, and testing/inspection teams to ensure alignment
- Manage partnerships with third-party service providers
- Manage NGO and investor inquiries alongside legal and investor relations
- Identify opportunities for innovation and collaboration in social and environmental compliance and supplier responsibility
- Represent JCPenney in responsible sourcing industry groups and bring back subject matter to help shape JCPenney’s strategies and programs
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- In-depth understanding of responsible sourcing, supply chain auditing, and remediation practices, tools, and standards
- Strong knowledge of key apparel supply chain issues, including worker safety and well-being, mitigating environmental impact, and human rights
- Proven analytical skills, comfort with technology, and ability to utilize data for better decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working on a global and connected team, preferably for a large organization
- MBA preferred
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, day-care and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.