PB Careers: C&S Wholesale Grocers, Sr Product Manager, Private Brand Sales
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for working with the Private Brands team to grow the company’s business. The role will work backwards from the customer and define and prioritize requirements for product and brands. This requires strong leadership skills and interaction with cross-functional teams. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive the development and enhancement of the company’s product and brand.
% of Time Spent
- Development and Completion of Product Business Plans
- Manage new items from concept through launch to include new item setup, forecasting, marketing, promotional support, etc.
- Write product development briefs to outline requirements
- Define product requirements for new and existing product categories
- Own the success of the product development process
- Ensure implementation is aligned with product goals
- Continually Elevate the Customer Experience
- Act as a customer proxy to test and measure against success criteria
- Monitor and respond to customer feedback
- Continually improve the customer experience throughout the entire customer journey
- Collaborate on Sales, Marketing and Merchandising initiatives
- Lead cross-functional collaboration on necessary systems and processes to support business needs, including retail systems, site merchandising and in stock
- Meet with customers to understand perspectives on product, placement, price and promotion from the customers and their shoppers
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Continuous Improvement
- Invent & simplify product design to deliver improved product efficiency
- Find costs savings without impacting customer experience or value
- Manage, improve and recommend the product assortment for each of the company’s owned private brands
- Manage a Team/Leadership
- Manage a team up to 3 direct reports
- Must be able to inspire trust, build talent, create an inclusive work environment, drive for results and innovation, as well as facilitate change
- 5-7 years of related work experience preferably in the food industry, in product or brand management in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors Degree in Business or a comparable Major preferred
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on data; Ability to effectively manage consumer expectations and balance these expectations against company needs
- Experience in developing and evolving products and product portfolios; Experience communicating with stakeholders across multiple business units and senior management; Supervisory experience preferred
- Travel Required
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Company: C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.