PB Careers: The Home Depot – Director, Global Sourcing Operations
Location: Atlanta, GA
Category: Logistics/Supply Chain/Import
Job ID: 133126
The Home Depot, America’s home improvement retail leader, helps customers and Associates build success every day – and not just in our 2,200+ retail stores. Thousands of talented can-do people build amazing futures in the field and corporate positions with us too. Join our orange-blooded family today.
The Director will be responsible for Strategic and Operational support of our Private Brands business. This position will be responsible for identifying and developing opportunities for sustained competitiveness across the value chain through partnering with internal teams and external partners to increase speed, improve supplier delivery performance, increase margins and drive supply chain efficiencies. This includes all elements of the value chain, i.e. supplier partner evaluation, risk management, analysis, negotiation support and supply chain efficiency improvement for Private Brands programs and products.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing will partner with Product Development Merchants to launch initiatives in alignment with merchandising groups; these initiatives will help drive competitiveness for our Private Brand suppliers.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%-Identify and communicate potential sourcing geographies to Private Brands Product Development Merchants
35%-Develop and deploy analytical tools and frameworks to manage supplier operational risks and provide decision making options to PDM and Merchant customers
35%-Drive lower cost and efficiencies through established methods and develop new innovative solutions to extract sustainable value.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to VP Global Sourcing
Direct Reports: Yes, including internationally-based associates
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Travel: Typically requires overnight travel 10% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8+ years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA or a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain/ Operations/Finance or equivalent
- Prior merchandising or product development experience in a retail industry
- Certified in Six Sigma Methodology
- Experience with global sourcing
- Knowledge of global supply chain leading practices
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of manufacturing and maquiladora
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and able to effectively communicate globally
- Ability to lead, influence and manage business partners
- Ability to assign and review the work of others
- Ability to lead and manage process improvement efforts
- Strong project and process planning skills
- Ability to develop business cases and monitor results
- Excellent at building relationships
- PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)