PB CAREERS: C&S Wholesale Grocers – Sr. Manager, Private Brand Sales
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Sr. Manager, Sales & Vendor Management will be responsible for providing management and leadership for our fastest-growing business unit. This position will provide strategic direction, execution and policy development for private brand sales with our broad network of independent retailers. The role will deliver oversight of all sales partnerships and functions internally within the organization as well as building external brokerage relationships.
**This Role will be 40%-50% Travel, but can be done REMOTELY otherwise**
Relationship Management – 20%
- Create a strong, collaborative team environment that aligns with C&S values
- Interface with cross-functional business teams to provide holistic private brand strategies to retail customers
- Work collectively with C&S Customer Experience teams
- Build strong relationships with customers through private brand thought leadership, building joint business plans and seeking opportunities to engage resulting in improved customer experience for our retailers and C&S business growth
- Work with existing private label accounts to grow and develop their business; identity new opportunities including outreach, presentation to accounts and on-going sales management; and collaborate with the category management team on capabilities, pricing and lead times.
Strategic Planning – 20%
- Establish private label growth strategies and associated action plans
- Develop and deliver against measurable private brand performance metrics for internal and external (broker) teams
- Review and evaluate private label sales performance on a continuing basis, executing action plans to correct issues and continually improve performance to achieve and exceed business KPI’s and other defined objectives
- Develop and execute annual plans and customer-specific targets to deliver sales and profit goals
Execution – 60%
- Expand brand presence and improve customer experience through in-store execution of private brand products
- Deliver annual net sales and EBIT goals by ensuring effective plan execution
- Execute customer sales strategies, consistent with company operating strategy to generate brand growth and awareness with the retailers and consumers
- Build effective relationships with retailers and partner in their private brand strategy and growth plans including effective implementation, monitoring, and refining to meet customers goals and C&S goals
- Ensure best in class project management to achieve integrated company objectives, optimization/utilization of internal and external resources
- Oversight of all sales partnerships and functions whether internal C&S partnerships and/or external brokerage
- Manage broker relationships and focus in order to maximize profitability through effective and efficient use of resources
- Partner in ROI spending (thinking about to use or not to use a brokerage for example)
- Regular review and analysis of sales resources to ensure the best return for investment, balancing short, mid and long term planning.
- Development of pricing sheets for new business activities
**Provides leadership to managers; may also provide leadership to supervisors and/or professional staff. Has accountability for the performance and results of multiple related units. Develops departmental plans, including business, production, operational and/or organizational priorities. Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA preferred
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a sales environment; Retail Grocery required, Private Label strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge and experience in selling to Retail Owners, Other Sales Team members and VP+ in accounts, with the development of marketing programs to support branded growth initiatives
- Experienced in running a P&L
- Professional, team player, profit-driven, good presentation, and negotiating skills, creative and energetic.
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal skills and ability to use data analytics to influence decisions.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills.
- Broker management experience.
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Company: C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.