PB CAREERS: The Vitamin Shoppe – VP Private Brand, VMS
Category: Product Development
We are seeking a Vice President, Private Brands who will play an important role in our company’s mission to support our customers on their personal journey to better health. The VP Private Brands will support our mission through the development of Private Brand Products that support an inspiring customer experience and connect customers to The Vitamin Shoppe like no other.
As a leader on the Private Brands team, the VP will be responsible for growing our diverse portfolio of Private Brands of cross consumable and non-consumable categories with a focus on Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements. This individual will be experienced in working with the complete product lifecycle from product innovation, contract manufacturing to labeling and product fulfillment. As a strategic thought leader, the VP will champion customer needs, focusing on ensuring development of relevant propositions that delight our customers.
The VP will function as a key internal influencer/stakeholder as well as a liaison to external resources in performing the duties of their job. The VP will be measured on both strategic and economic goals that include brand growth, customer satisfaction, brand fit, speed to market and execution excellence.
Lead brand-building/planning processes, to develop and commercialize innovative quality products:
- Contribute to brand strategy within the portfolio based on trend and customer needs
- Ensure brand strategy is translated into packaging, marketing and merchandising tactics, working collaboratively with Marketing, Manufacturing, Merchandising, and outside agency partners as necessary
- Recognize white space opportunities and gaps in product assortment.
- Analyze data, sales, trends and research to develop premier brands and products that are better than any on the market, giving our Health Enthusiasts the tools to aggressively grow our business
- Own, develop and maximize existing and new co-manufactures relationship to create world class products
Educate and communicate cross-functional teams within and outside of Private Brands
- Private Brand vision, mission, strategies
- New Launches and innovations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Product creation, development and commercialization
- Must have strong understanding and experience interacting with co-manufacturers
- Financial and analytic acumen
- Brand building, marketing and brand management expertise
- Consumer targeting and insight mining
- Managing Private Brand portfolios
- 10-15 years of retailer or manufacturer experience in brand management and product development
- 2-5 years of cross-functional team management experience