PB Careers: The Home Depot – Packaging Designer
The Home Depot, America’s home improvement retail leader, helps customers and Associates build success every day – and not just in our 2,200+ retail stores. Thousands of talented can-do people build amazing futures in field and corporate positions with us too. Join our orange-blooded family today.
The Packaging Designer position will support the Packaging Manager for specific private label packaging across The Home Depot enterprise. Responsibilities include executing packaging design projects to deliver departmental strategic objectives. Major tasks in this assignment include project facilitation and consistent interpretation of brand creative direction across multiple brands for seasonal, core and promotional initiatives. Communication, prioritization, and organization are key skills needed to accomplish this multi-tasking position. As a member of the Brand Development team, this position is also crucial to the integrity of delivering the brand’s promise and customer experience through packaging design and copy.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20%-Partner with key business partners to execute and manage packaging design development
- 50%-Project facilitation to ensure timelines are met
- 30%-Consistently benchmark brand creative vs. competitors to ensure creative treatments represent current brand positioning
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to Manager Packaging
- This position had no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.