PB Careers: Thrive Market – Senior Packaging Designer
LOS ANGELES, CA
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60 per year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail pricing—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, senior level Packaging Designer to join our Brand and Creative team as we continue to launch hundreds of Thrive Market Private Label products. Thrive Market is a fast-growing brand, which means this role will have a big impact on our identity across print and packaging. This position requires strong systems thinking design ability, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. You’ll report to the Senior Design Manager, Brand and Creative and will work with cross-functional teams.
- Concept and design consumer packaged goods by leveraging deep experience in print design with an emphasis on packaging
- Incorporate design direction and feedback from multiple departments and stakeholders. Provide ongoing design support to the company with a primary emphasis on Merchandising
- Lead by example, contributing to projects and delivering impactful visual designs. Actively participate in brainstorming and helping us create the best design team culture, ever
- Create digital 3D packaging mock-ups and compile with comparison items in a presentation for leadership review
- Help maintain our extensive digital asset library of branded resource art, photography, and templates, enabling the team to self-serve, share and collaborate with each other
- Support with other print and brand collateral needs
- Design one-sheets and materials related to new product releases
- 7+ years of packaging graphic design experience, preferably with established CPG brand either at a design firm, brand agency or in-house creative group.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience both giving and receiving peer feedback on design directions and executions
- Well-versed in best practices for print and packaging
- Systems thinking, user-centric approach to concepts and design execution
- Well-versed in other creative mediums that could support design and photography
- Unflappable personality: Ability to tackle multiple projects while staying organized and keeping your cool in a fast-paced team environment
- Possess an exceptional eye for detail and strong aesthetic skills
- Experience with pre-press and production
BELONG TO A BETTER MARKET – BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY!
We’re a community of more than 500,000 members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.