PB Careers: CVS – Product Innovation Manager
Job ID: 946988BR
Location: RI – Woonsocket
Street Address: 1 CVS Drive
Category: Marketing|Product Management|Merchandising|Analytics|Strategy|Product Innovation
The Product Innovation Manager will be responsible for developing an actionable multi-year innovation road map and ensuring all new innovative products are launched on time and with high quality in order to support and provide sales and margin growth to CVS’ Private Brands business.
In this role, you will lead all aspects of product innovation, from ideation to commercialization, including launch activation planning and delivery. You will collaborate with product development, merchandising, marketing, strategy and other cross-functional partners
This individual must be innovative, analytical and creative with a keen awareness of product and category trends. This highly visible position requires a solid understanding of product development fundamentals with an expertise in innovation delivery, stakeholder management and the ability to apply strategic thinking throughout ideation and conceptualization.
Innovation Strategy & Business Case Development:
- Identify white space that aligns with our core purpose by assessing emerging trends, key business drivers, competitive activity and consumer need gaps to deliver breakthrough, disruptive new product propositions
- Develop financial business case, product level concepts, breakthrough claims, pricing, go to market strategy, etc.
- Manage all consumer testing at the concept development stage in partnership with Consumer Insights and Brand Marketing team
- Create all necessary documents for cross-functional alignment and Leadership Team approval (i.e. Project Charter’s, Scoping, and Product Briefs etc.)
- Support the Senior Director in the creation and oversight of a diversified innovation portfolio
- Lead all aspects of the innovation process in partnership with the cross-functional product development team
- Deliver the Product Sourcing Brief for internal cross-functional partners and external suppliers
- Develop product line financials and associated budgets consistent with product/category/program objectives
- Partner with QA/ Regulatory to ensure compliance for innovation projects
- Anticipate obstacles, effectively elevate issues and strategize solutions to complex problems that may arise during development to ensure the project is delivered on-time
- Lead the development and execution of activation launch plans across all elements of the marketing mix.
- Contribute to communications development, including claims, brand story-telling, creative/asset development, social/digital activation plans & in store marketing
- Collaborate with Brand marketing and Merchandising teams to win in-store & online
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- At least 5-7 years of retail, product innovation or consulting experience with a strong understanding of the Retail/Consumer products industry, merchandising principles and customer experience
- At least 5 years of experience utilizing business analytics (IRI data analysis, ROI, P&L, financial scenario planning, etc.) to build strong business cases
- At least 5 years of experience managing multiple projects
- Consulting or Product Innovation experience a strong plus but not mandatory
- Strong influencing skills both oral and written, underpinned by sound analytical capability
- Ability to derive insights by leveraging customer research, empirical data and analytics and to develop structured hypotheses, even when data is incomplete or imperfect
- The successful candidate has strong project management skills and must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Must be willing and able to jump in and get “hands dirty” with detail when necessary
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence VP/Senior Directors and think on his/her feet. Keen ability to distill complex ideas into simpler frameworks and illustrations
- Masters preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.