PB Careers: Thrive Market: Private Label Product Innovator, Non-Perishable Food
Merchandising, Los Angeles, CA, Full-time
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60 per year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail pricing—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.
Wholesome products at wholesale prices. Thrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60/year, Thrive members get access to their favorite healthy snacks, supplements, home, beauty, and baby products at 30-50% off retail value—all shipped to their front door. As part of our Thrive Gives initiative, each paid membership on the site also sponsors a free membership for a low-income family.
Product Innovators at Thrive Market source, develop, and bring to market our industry-leading private label foods and consumer products. Where do you get the best non-GMO, organic Quinoa? What’s the development cycle for non-toxic household cleaner? As a Product innovator at Thrive you’ll be on the front lines helping us bring healthy, affordable, high-quality products to the masses.
We are growing our team and looking for a Food Product Innovator. The right person for the job will take pride in developing the absolute best products and be of a mission-driven mindset. Collaboration and communication skills are key, as the role requires inputs from pretty much every team at Thrive Market including Branded Merchandise, Marketing and Creative just to name a few. We will be developing hundreds of Thrive Market products in the coming months, so we are looking for folks with drive, hustle and prior industry experience.
- Identify, develop, and direct merchandise private label opportunities in conjunction with the VP, Brand Manager, and Branded Merchandise Buyers
- Identify and provide sourcing assistance for current and potential new private label items
- Establish, oversee, and direct product specifications, quality, and inspection protocol to Thrive Market standards
- Perform regular quarterly review of current merchandise mix sales and suggested program enhancements
- Create and manage a Private Label item merchandise development target list and timelines with on time performance
- Coordinate and create buying volume purchasing leverage synergies between Thrive Market and suppliers
- Coordinate with internal demand planning and suppliers’ expected purchasing forecasts and packing needs
- Review and report required actions on actual versus forecasted purchases
- Conduct an onsite review of supplier facilities and abilities with support of the VP and other personnel where applicable
- Coordinate with compliance and legal to ensure packaging meets all requirements for legal import and/or sale
- 5+ years of food buying or product development experience
- Natural relationship builder: you know how to communicate and interact with buying, logistics, design, product registration, legal, compliance, and vendors in a professional, positive and pro-active manner
- Proven ability (through examples) to negotiate effectively
- Highly organized and deadline driven: you can manage multiple projects to on-time and in-budget completion
- Understanding of startup dynamics: you possess an innate sense of urgency
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Energized by team environments!