After a groundbreaking 3rd Annual Velocity Conference in Charlotte, NC a few weeks ago, planning is well underway for the inaugural Velocity Europe conference. Last week I spent two days in Portugal on a site visit for the event at the conference hotel, and both the hotel and Lisbon are fabulous. The modern hotel is a contemporary wonder that will challenge attendees to discover the future of private brand and the beautiful historic city of Lisbon will encourage attendees to celebrate the history of private brand.
CALL FOR RETAIL SPEAKERS
Speaker announcements will begin in the next 10 days but we have a few speaking slots left. Velocity Europe is looking for retail executives who are willing to tell their story. Whether you are a VP at a retailer, a leader in an online disruptor, or a regional player trying to win, we want to hear your private brand story. The conference is looking for retail speakers to present their thinking, strategies and private brand success stories. Sessions will cover topics and specialties spanning all facets of private brand strategy, development, innovation, brand management, design, staffing, manufacturing, product development, sourcing, and marketing.
We are looking for speakers from all channels: grocery, drug, mass, home improvement, office supply, pet, toy, discount, dollar, fashion, etc. Velocity is the PRIVATE BRAND conference and we firmly believe the conversation across channels is critical to the future of private brand.
Past Retail Speakers have included:
- Jack Pestello, SVP Private Brands & Manufacturing at WALMART
- Juan De Paoli, Senior Vice President Private Brands at AHOLD DELHAIZE
- Gil Phipps, VP Branding, Marketing, & Our Brands at KROGER
- Tim Cox, Director of Creative Services at PUBLIX
- Chris Skyers, VP of Private Label and Own Brand at WAKEFERN
- Chris DeMeo, VP Product Brands Sales at STAPLES
And more than two dozen retail private brand executives.
The ideal Velocity speaker:
ALL PRESENTATIONS ARE IN ENGLISH.
Must be an executive and thought leader
- Is experienced and comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Is interested in sharing their expertise, real-world strategies, and knowledge
- Is willing to partner with the conference and My Private Brand to deliver the best possible experience for the audience
- Is interested, schedule permitting, in attending the whole event and engaging with attendees
- Is open to helping spread the word about the event
- Speakers must adhere 100% to our “NO COMMERCIALISM” Policy. If you cannot avoid “the sell”, please do not apply to speak.
Speakers benefits include:
- Complimentary full-access badge to the conference
- 20% discount for associates
- Exposure on the Velocity website and marketing materials
- All conference meals including breakfasts, breaks, luncheons & cocktail parties.
Interested speakers may apply here.