PB CAREERS: Amazon, Senior Product Manager – Private Brands (International)
Job ID: 858667 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Buying, Planning, & Instock Management
Amazon is creating a Seattle-based team to accelerate the growth of private brands in Amazon’s non-US geographies: Europe, Japan and emerging countries. Our growth requires leaders who operate both strategically and tactically: think big to drive new opportunities, dive deep in data to uncover customer insights, break down and solve complex problems.
The International Private Brands (IPB) team is seeking a Sr. Product Manager who will own inventory strategies to drive supply chain efficiencies and maximize sales, margin and turns, working in a supply chain consultation capacity. This is a critical role helping us build, manage and optimize a complex, and evolving domestic & international supply chain network. This is a great opportunity to join a business that, while based in the US, has truly global scope and responsibilities.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting, and highly analytical, and thrive in a high energy environment.
The Sr. Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Understand Forecast/Buying/Inventory management systems and its feature roadmap, and drive system parity and adoption of the latest systems/features
- Build and launch global products to improve supply chain and inventory management
- Drive Automation in Buying and Inventory Management
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate overall financial performance relating to inventory & supply chain
- Participate in internal business performance reviews to understand performance gap, develop action plans, and drive the execution of actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, Consulting, Supply Chain Management, Retail Inventory Management
- MBA or Master’s Degree in relevant fields
- 7+ years supply chain, inventory management, retail and/or project management experience
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
- Experience with purchasing or inventory management in e-commerce or retail business will be a plus
- Strong communication skills which include the ability to write compelling, concise documents, and be able to convey complicated processes and systems to international partners
- Complex Problem-Solving abilities- system thinker who proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources to make the right decisions
- Teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves. Earns trust from stakeholders, and is willing to do whatever it takes to deliver the right results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation