PB CAREERS: Big Lots – SVP, Private Brands
One Team. One Goal! Big Lots associates are part of a team dedicated to our mission of delivering Surprises in Every Aisle, Every Day! We hire people who will flourish in our fun and fast-paced environment. Our associates are encouraged to try new ideas, make decisions, and take on greater responsibilities. Their energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to our customers are the major factors in our incredible growth.
Responsible for the oversight of Owned Brands including Global Sourcing for the company. Develops, plans, executes, and fosters the Owned Brand strategy and vision in support of and influencing key aspects of Big Lots corporate strategy.
- Responsible for the overall strategic direction for Owned Brands portfolio by developing and directing short and long-term brand plans, positioning, assortments, and initiatives that will promote and grow private label products for the business.
- Lead Owned Brands development to target new and existing customer segments and product direction including packaging, pricing, budget and profit plans.
- Provide oversight in building a world-class Owned Brand team that exceeds the needs of our customers.
- Recognize retail brand market trends to ensure that Owned Brands is well positioned to meet customer needs and expectations by quickly adapting as those needs change by refining assortment strategies, identifying opportunities for brand and category extensions through consumer research, customer feedback, and historical sales performance.
- Collaborate with CMO and GMM’s to set consistent standards in design, quality and value proposition for Owned brands and ensure their proper position in the Big Lots brand portfolio as well as with our competitive set.
- Effectively work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Planning, Allocation, Marketing and Operations and influences leaders in the organization to create successful business outcomes and drive profitability in order to execute the strategic plans of the own brands product line.
- Establish and manage key performance metrics to include net revenue, gross margin, and manage P&L to ensure desired objectives are met.
- Manage the Global Sourcing team which includes quality assurance and packaging; responsible for hiring, coaching, and developing with positive engagement. Provide direction and feedback to ensure the development of associates.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in merchandising, marketing, finance or related field with own brands, product development, or design including five (5) years of leadership experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Product development and design experience is essential with experience in international sourcing.
- Proven business skills with the ability to drive sales in a retail leadership role, manage and grow a P&L.
- Must possess the ability to leverage data and analytics for decision making both at the micro and macro levels.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Job Category: Merchandise Buying
Big Lots · Columbus, Ohio, United States