PB Careers: Family Dollar – Private Brands Business Manager
The Category Business Manager develops the cross-category approach to creating, developing, marketing and promoting our Private Brands to achieve established company financial objectives and continued year over year growth. The role will support the Private Brand objectives by collaborating closely with Merchandising Teams, Marketing, Global Sourcing, Pricing, Bid & Auction, Visual Merchandising, and 3rd party Service Providers.
- Establishing and achieving annual penetration targets and financial goals.
- Growing private brands annual sales
- Coordinating execution of brand launch plans and annual brand marketing plans.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish annual penetration targets and financial goals for private brands (including control brands) and ensure these objectives are met.
- Work with Buyers to develop category business plans, encompassing analysis of current share and penetration, optimal mix, shelf placement, promotional plans and merchandising recommendations.
- Work with Buyers and Category Analytics team to set category objectives, milestones and execution of plans to support overall program and corporate vision.
- Develop cross-category new brand launch plans and annual marketing plans for each of our Private Brands that articulate the brand objectives and encompass all advertising, promotional and PR plans.
- Partner with Merchandising, Merchandising Strategy Analytics and other Private Brand Team Members to develop assortment recommendations.
- Develop in-market tests for new product, pricing, marketing and promotional approaches.
- Track and report outcomes of in-market tests and chain-wide marketing and promotional activities, incorporate learnings into future brand plans.
- Partner with Merchants to develop promotional offers that achieve merchandising sales goals and work within markdown budget constraints.
- Understand how competitors are marketing and promoting their private brands.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising to ensure Private Brand product placement is consistent with the brand strategy.
- Lead Private Brand’s process management between Merchandising and Private Brands, providing constant and consistent communications between Buyers, Vendors and 3rd parties, managing timelines, identifying and resolving opportunities as they arise.
- Participation in Bid/Auction events, providing key inputs related to product specifications and vendor selection. Manage the transition process to ensure early adoption of financial savings and no lost sales as a result of out of stocks during the transition.
- Manage the development process for new and changed items to ensure that new items hit distribution centers in a timely manner to support annual store re-sets and revisions. Monitor trackers to ensure that appropriate quality control is performed and the artwork is completed to support distribution.
- Provide visibility to opportunities in which to compliment, cross-merchandise or cross promote items between categories and or LOB’s.
- Work directly with vendors to ensure that new items are set up correctly and that support materials are available during category review periods.
- Conduct and assist Buyers with competitive store visit analysis and follow up with vendors regarding competitive product and display opportunities, promotional programs, competitive artwork review, etc.
- Attend Business Rhythm Meetings and help to resolve issues that arise regarding inventories, service levels, etc.
- Work with Private Brand vendors to maximize distribution voids utilizing new product innovation and all available marketing and promotional opportunities to maximize sales potential and achieve sales goals.
- Represent Private Brand’s at all relevant Family Dollar meetings, vendor reviews, buying shows, conventions and trade events (i.e. PLMA, ECRM, etc.)
- Provide connectivity to the PB analytics team for ad hoc analysis, weekly updates of performance in relation to the Buyer Scorecard with recommended actions or next steps.
- Establish and maintain connectivity and collaboration with Global Sourcing.
- Other duties and projects as required.
- Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
- Experience leading teams and driving change through influence
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required.
- Sense of Urgency and ability to multi-task effectively.
Education: Four-year college degree or equivalent experience, Business or Marketing Preferred
Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods/Grocery/Food industry, preferably in Sales or Merchandising. Prior experience in retail and/or broker roles would be ideal.
Software: High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); Working knowledge of Marketing Resource Management Solution, Microstrategy, and Retek a plus.
Auto Req ID: 161826BR
Employment Status: FT
Address:500 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, Virginia
Company Name: Family Dollar