PB CAREERS: Lowe’s – Private Brands Brand Manager
Job ID: 1554368BR
Date posted: 03/08/2019
Location: Mooresville, NC
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Address: 1000 Lowes Boulevard
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Line of Business: Corporate
Department: 0060 – Home Decor Private Brands
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is for the development and implementation of the Private Brands strategic objectives in an Omni-channel environment with Lowe’s top tier Private Brands. This role is the Private Brands primary steward and is responsible for the short-term and long-term approach to maintain the brand promise, brand relationships, and brand equity. The Brand Manager will be the expert in the brand/brands that they manage and will work closely with the Product Development Teams to ensure a consolidated, structured, and simple brand strategy is in place for each division. The brand manager will focus on ensuring brand language, product consistency in both price and quality, and brand positioning and that they are both communicated and adhered to with product selection, packaging, marketing, and online representation.
- Owns the internal, vendor, and agency’s creative execution of the brand strategy, architecture, visual identity, and standards to maintain and/or improve the market position of portfolios.
- Focused on building messaging that can be implemented in both marketing, packaging and online channels
- Works closely with the Product Development Teams to deliver on a brand strategy that delivers an increase in sales and margin for the company
- Acts as the primary brand steward and is responsible for the short term and long term approach to maintaining brand promise, brand relationships, and brand equity
- Develops a deep understanding and continued learning of competitive landscape, target customer and end-user, consumer positioning, and marketplace trends to advance the position of Private Brands in the market place
- Organizes, implements, and maintains the tactical day-to-day product and brand activities needed to increase sales, traffic, customer satisfaction, and brand equity
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Design, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, product management & brand management in a large retail environment, consumer packaged goods company, or advertising agency that services Fortune 500 companies
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing multigenerational product plans, including Omni-channel marketing plans, business strategies, and a new product development
- 2+ years of experience leading people and project teams to deliver business objectives
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree MBA
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.