PB Careers: CVS = Sr Director, Product Development & Innovation, Store Brands
Job ID: 933705BR
Location: RI – Woonsocket
Street Address:1 CVS Drive
The Sr Director – Product Development & Innovation, Store Brands is a key leadership position in the ambitious growth plan for our private brand portfolio. Reports to the Vice President of Store Brands and works closely with all other VP and Senior Directors within Merchandising. Your main goal is to deliver results through product development and innovation, directing the strategic and everyday development of the Store Brands portfolio, and leading and managing a team of highly motivated colleagues. You will be responsible for achieving all targets for sales, margin, penetration, and differentiation that will drive increased value for our customers and loyalty.
10+ year’s relevant experience in a retail or product organization, with analytical, merchandising and product development experience.
- Deep understanding of the industry and shown experience delivering results. The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills with shown ability to build and lead high-performing teams. Ability to organize defined work streams, handle stage gate development process, balance workloads across resources, develop team members and inspire high performance. Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have a significant financial impact.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, influences at all levels of the organization and think on his/her feet. Keen ability to distill complex ideas into simpler frameworks and illustrations.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to visualize the future state, test hypotheses, and synthesize facts and insights into concrete, actionable strategies, and tactical plans.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of product design and development including phase/gate development processes, materials, manufacturing processes, domestic and offshore suppliers and costs.
- Excellent project management skills and a demonstrated ability developing others into strong project managers.
- Strong negotiating skills and understanding of global logistics and manufacturing operations.
- Structured analytical skills with the ability to build order out of ambiguity.
Ambitious about thinking big, and seeks accountability in challenging the business environment. Demonstrates resiliency for self and team.
- Willingness to travel 10-15% of the time.
Bachelors Degree Required
Masters Degree Preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.