Online behemoth Amazon announced a record-breaking holiday season, with more items ordered worldwide than ever before. Amazon customers shopped at record levels from a wide selection of products across every department, discovering top holiday gifts and trending products. Some of the best-selling products this season included, all-new private brand Echo Dot, L.O.L. Surprise! Glam Glitter Series Doll, fashion items from Carhartt, and Bose QuietComfort Wireless Headphones, among others.
“This season was our best yet, and we look forward to continuing to bring our customers what they want, in ways most convenient for them in 2019. We are thrilled that in the U.S. alone, more than one billion items shipped for free this holiday with Prime,” said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer. “Thank you to our employees all around the world who are committed to bringing our customers the widest selection of products with low prices and fast and free delivery options throughout the holidays and all year long.”
- Customers purchased millions more Amazon devices this holiday season compared to last year – the best-selling Amazon devices this holiday included all-new Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Echo.
- It was a record holiday season for Amazon’s Kids Edition private brand devices; customers purchased more Echo Dot Kids Edition and Fire Kids Edition tablets than ever before.
- Customers purchased millions of private brand Amazon Fire TV, Fire Tablet, and Kindle.
- Amazon-owned brands Ring and Blink sold more devices this holiday season than ever before, as more and more customers are keeping their homes safe.
- Customers made their homes even smarter this year with a record number of private brand smart home devices sold; best-selling smart home devices included Amazon Smart Plug and Ring Video Doorbell 2.
- Customers used Alexa to listen to hundreds of millions more hours of music this holiday season compared to last holiday season, and on even more services – including Amazon Music, Spotify, Tidal, and AppleMusic, among others.
- Some of the best-selling products from Amazon brands in the U.S. included Amazon Essentials Men’s Long-Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirts, Goodthreads Men’s Short-Sleeve Crewneck Cotton T-Shirts, Daily Ritual Women’s Skinny Stretch Jeggings, the Stone & Beam Ceramic Geometric Table Lamp, Pinzon Faux Fur Throw Blankets, AmazonBasics Multipurpose Scissors, Amazon Elements Baby Wipes, Presto! Toilet Paper, and Solimo Dark Roast Coffee K-Cup Pods.
- Some of the most popular brands bought with Prime Wardrobe during the holiday season were Amazon Essentials, Daily Ritual, and Goodthreads, in addition to Calvin Klein, Champion, and UGG.