Job Number: 19-001691
Post Date: 01/07/2019
Operating Company: Retail Business Services
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Address: 2110 Executive Drive
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN’S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country’s largest online grocery retailer, Peapod.
Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights, and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Commercial Services and Strategy, Operations, Information Technology, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services.
The Private Brands Sourcing, Vendor Management, and Analytics Lead is responsible for strategic sourcing and management of approximately $10 Billion in spending for Private Brands, managing the on-going relationship with the Private Brands vendors and providing in-depth analytics and insights. The role provides strategic oversight and leadership for the RBS family of Brands to maintain integration synergy savings, drive continuous improvement and innovation to secure the lowest cost of goods sold for efficient operations. Additionally, this role provides oversight for all vendor management and supplier services related to Private Brands, including but not limited to forecasting, service levels, troubleshooting and supplier services including in-depth analytics and strategic insights. Additionally, this role provides strategic direction related to vendor management and the services offered to the PB vendor partners to ensure RBS establishes key strategic partnerships and becomes the retailer of choice for these suppliers. Responsible for oversight of the development and implementation of PB Sourcing activities, vendor management processes and cementing the on-going partnership with suppliers that will translate into strong service levels for all the Great Local Brands. As part of the RBS Private Brands services, this role provides the strategic direction to generate analytics and insights for the vendor partners and internal Private Brands stakeholders. The person must possess unparalleled and proven negotiation skills, in-depth supply chain knowledge, very strong customer service skills and extraordinary internal and external cross-functional relationships to aggressively drive costs out of every part of our business, establish strong partnerships with PB suppliers while providing them with actionable analytics and ensuring supply continuity. This role is expected to take unpopular stands both internally and externally and escalate to executive leaders as needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Private Brands Sourcing
Oversees the development of the process and execution of sourcing for Private Brands to minimize Cost of Goods/cost structure while ensuring the products meet the quality and strategic needs.
- Serves as primary champion & process leader for the strategic buy for all Private Brands, ultimately finalizing and awarding the decision. Full COGS responsibility and execution.
- Ensures understand expectations to drive and execute sourcing events by leading negotiations for Private Brands contracts.
- Identifies suppliers that will participate in events, completes market research and creates assessment questionnaires. Executes sourcing bids.
- Decision maker on all aspects of event reporting, supplier results and award scenarios. Leads all Private Brands contracting process through execution and makes the final award decision. Accountable for achieving Strategic Sourcing financial targets which directly impacts Private Brands.
- Ensures a Total Cost Analysis is employed during Sourcing and Modeling to achieve best net landed costs.
- Evaluates results and takes appropriate action to address any discrepancies.
- Vendor Management
Oversees the Private Brands vendor management and supplier services team. Create a vendor/supplier partnership that makes RBS the preferred retailer to do business with, while minimizing our cost of goods sold.
- Leads the “hub” for escalating and resolving Private Brands supplier related issues that impact more than one Great Local Brand. Leads the team that generates, communicates and coordinates the forecasting of normal turns as well as promotional forecasting.
- Leads the creation and oversight of the governance/standard practice of Private Brands Supplier data while guiding the PB Vendor Management Team with issue resolution and escalation plans.
- Leads the team that creates and oversees the governance/standard practices of Private Brands transitions while guiding the PB Vendor Management team with issue resolution and escalation plans to ensure flawless execution of transitions.
- Oversees the interaction and coordination with suppliers, manufacturers, supply chain and PB brand management, design and product excellence.
3. Business Analytics: Leads the Private Brands analytics team to provide actionable insights both internally & externally
- Leads and oversees the Private Brands analytical team that tracks and reports all of the PB performance metrics.
- Oversees the creation of in-depth analytics for the PB suppliers, including but not limited to service, sales and other reports as well as strategic insights.
- Provides direction to analyze, interpret and report all business metrics related to the Private Brands business portfolio.
- Provides analytical product performance and insight for the PB Product Management teams in support of their work with Brand category/portfolio management.
- Point of contact for the RBS finance team to build budgets, long range plans and report Private Brands performance.
- Works closely with the Brand finance teams to build annual budgets, track promotional performance of Private Brands and overall metrics.
- Leads the analytical work and interpretation to measure the performance of Private Brands promotions and/or initiatives.
- Talent Development and Leadership
Leads Private Brands Sourcing, Vendor Management and Analytics team
- Responsible for the development, talent planning, career guidance, and performance management of the assigned Private Brands associates at RBS.
- Influences organizational alignment across multiple areas at the Brands and RBS.
- Private Brands advocate at RBS and the Brands.
- Exudes a high degree of credibility and the ability to work with and through all levels of management (including but not limited to Finance, Product Management and Category Management leadership).
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred. (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the degree on an exception basis)
- 10+ years of experience in strategic sourcing
- Experience managing and negotiating with suppliers is required
- Must be viewed as an authority in the retail industry with expertise in sourcing, supply chain, and supplier services.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial planning and budgeting experience.
- Ability to navigate the nuances of specific and unique financial and procurement decisions
- Negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to build partnerships and deliver difficult messages
- Transformational/Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Deep Industry Knowledge
- Willing to take unpopular stands