PB Careers: Brand and Positioning Manager
Company Name Retail Business Services
Company Location: 2110 Executive Dr, Salisbury, NC 28147, US
This responsibility involves managing, monitoring and refining the strategies and growth of the Private Brands family of brands based on internal performance metrics and external market trends while upholding and evolving as necessary the brand positioning, communication, packaging guardrails and design guidelines. Supporting Private Brands Product Owners, this role works with Category Management teams to develop brand-building plans aspect of their plans.
Leads development of brand strategy, including but not limited to brand equity statements, brand positioning/re-positioning, and brand identity guidelines
- Defines, manages, and upholds the brand positioning and packaging guardrails (e.g. Brand Equity Documents) of entire family of Ahold Delhaize USA Private Brands.
- Shares and educates the PB brand positioning with the Brands and their respective teams.
- Defines portfolio of brands including respective brand roles and strategic positioning.
- Identifies target consumers and prime prospects.
- Responsible to identify consumer insight and research needs as appropriate.
- Leads the creation, development and/or rationalization of brands across the portfolio
Monitors, refines and deploys brand strategies, including but not limited to brand positioning and guardrails.
- Responsible for upholding the brand positioning (e.g. Brand Equity Documents) of entire family of Private Brands.
- Monitors and makes refinement recommendations regarding the portfolio of brands including respective brand roles, goals and strategic positioning.
- Identifies target consumers and prime prospects and tracks the performance of Private Brands against customer and brand targets.
- Partners with the RBS and Brand-level Insights teams to report and monitor brand success metrics within each Brand (e.g., Annual Brand Tracker; A&U studies.)
- Partners with the Private Brands Analytics team to review results regularly and develop business recommendations based on findings.
- Responsible for deploying consumer insight and brand research needs with research resources as appropriate.
- Develops and upholds brand communication guidelines and style guides.
- Responsible for communicating, upholding and evolving as necessary the brand communication and design guardrails (e.g., style guides) of the entire family of Private Brands.
- Develops shared brand communication tools and assets (e.g., First to Know publication) that can be leveraged across Brands.
- Works with the PB Brand & Marketing Managers and Brand Marketing teams across Brands to manage the creation, development, and deployment of Private Brand messaging and content, ensuring consistent application of brand communication guidelines
Industry and Market Trends
Market and competitive monitoring
- Analyzes and interprets consumer and industry trends and maintains competition research.
- Supports category annual planning by working with Product Managers to build awareness/understanding of how the brand strategy translates to individual categories and helps the Product Managers develop brand-building aspects of their plans.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
7+ years of brand management or marketing
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Brand knowledge and expertise
- Ability to analyze, interpret and react to product data reports (strong analytical and problem-solving skills)
- Financial planning and budgeting experience
- Proven brand management skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Ability to influence and collaborate across all Brands, multiple business areas and levels
- Ability to adapt and drive change
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Active listener