Loblaw has opened up the PC Insiders subscription program to all 16 million PC Optimum loyalty members. The Amazon Prime-like program originally launched last year as a small invitation-only offer of exclusive rewards and e-commerce benefits for select PC Optimum members who were also PC Financial Mastercard cardholders. For an annual or monthly subscription fee, members were offered major rewards on Loblaw’s private brands and family essentials, as well as free pick-up and delivery on most of Loblaw’s nationwide e-commerce sites and conveniences.
“What started as a small test quickly ballooned, drawing more subscribers than we imagined, and a long waiting list. Today that wait is over, with an open invitation to customers nationwide,” said Sarah Davis, President, Loblaw Companies Limited. “We’ve packaged up the powerful combination of Canada’s favorite products and its most complete e-commerce network for families who want exceptional value and convenience.”
For the $99 annual subscription, PC Insiders members have access to the following exclusive value and convenience offers across Loblaw’s many brands, 2,500 stores, and national e-commerce network – including more than 600 PC Express pick-up sites:
- Free PC Express e-commerce grocery pickup (worth up to $260 annually for a weekly shopper)
- Free shipping from shoppersdrugmart.ca and com(worth up to $92 annually for a monthly shopper)
- An extra 20% back in PC Optimum points on all brands of baby diapers and formula
- An extra 20% back in PC Optimum points on all purchases of PC Organics, PC Black Label Collection and Joe Fresh private brand products including those from com, and luxury beauty items purchased online at shoppersdrugmart.ca
- A surprise home-delivered box of our favorite curated President’s Choice private brand items
- A $99 travel credit annually, for eligible PC travel services bookings
“This launch is a big opportunity for our most loyal customers, as the more they use the subscription the more they will save and earn,” said Davis. “PC Optimum loyalty points are already in the wallet of 16 million Canadians, and this is a new opportunity for members who want to take their loyalty benefits to the next level.”
Over the last year, initial PC Insiders members have on average received benefits that are more than twice the value of the subscription costs, with some earning many times the price. The company used feedback from initial members to evolve program offers, tailoring its rewards. It expects the program will continue to evolve and grow.