ALDI is celebrating an unmatched year of awards and recognitions earning more than 400 in 2018. In 2018, the retailer continued to stand out for its private brands, business model and leadership as an innovative retailer in the grocery industry.
ALDI was named the 2018 Retailer of the Year by Supermarket News, earned the top spot for value for the eighth year in a row in a Market Force Information survey and received the Good Housekeeping Seal for more than 70 products across its liveGfree and Never Any! brands. Additionally, several publications highlighted ALDI private brands in their 2018 editorial awards, including SELF, Real Simple, Taste of Home and Store Brands magazine.
“We’re proud to offer our customers award-winning products that not only taste great, but are easy on the wallet,” said Kate Kirkpatrick, Director of Communications for ALDI U.S. “We rigorously test thousands of items and only pick those that meet our quality and taste standards. Our hard work and dedication has paid off, as we’ve earned over 400 product awards in 2018 alone. We’re honored that so many organizations recognize our commitment to provide high-quality food at affordable prices.”
In 2018, ALDI private brands captured the attention of many, including culinary professionals, nutrition experts, U.S. consumers and sommeliers, garnering a wide variety of awards. Many ALDI private brands won awards this year, including the Little Journey, Simply Nature, liveGfree and Never Any!
- Good Housekeeping Seal
- Over 50 liveGfree products and more than 20 Never Any!products received the Good Housekeeping Seal.
- Products backed by the Seal include everyday snacks, baking essentials, breads and fresh meats.
- The Seal is a symbol of quality assurance and consumer protection and is considered the gold standard in helping to guide shoppers.
- Best New Product Award (BNPA)
- Thirteen ALDI private brand products won the Best New Product Award, determined by BrandSpark’s 2018 consumer survey and real user feedback from Shopper Army.
- Thousands of consumers are surveyed on their favorite new products across several categories every year.
- Winning products span seven different categories, including Frozen Fruit, Iced Tea, Nut Bar, Protein Bar, Protein Powder and Snack Bar.
- Winning products include Season’s Choice Mango or Tropical Blend frozen fruit, Benner Peach Tea: Peach or Diet Peach, Elevation by Millville Fruit & Nut Bar: Almond & Coconut, Cranberry Almond or Maple Glazed, Elevation by Millville High Protein Bars: Chocolate Mint or Chocolate Peanut Butter, Elevation by Millville Protein Powder: Chocolate or Vanilla, Elevation by Millville Indulgent Bars: Caramel Nut or Chocolate Coconut.
- Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval (PTPA)
- Seventy-five ALDI private brand products won the PTPA Seal.
- This organization recognizes outstanding child and baby products that have been tested and voted on by real parents and families for nutrition, taste, convenience, and value.
- Winning products include Friendly Farms Original Coconut milk, Little Journey Organic Carrot, Broccoli, Zucchini Puree Pouch, Fit & Active Vitality Cereal in Vanilla Almond or Red Berries, and Simply Nature Organic Wildflower Honey.
- Cheers to ALDI Wine Wins
- More than 14 ALDI private brand wines were given a rating of 90 points or higher by leading wine experts in 2018.
- ALDI wine offerings have tripled in the last 10 years.
Top Honor from Supermarket News
Trade magazine Supermarket News named ALDI its 2018 Retailer of the Year, recognizing its outstanding contributions to the growth of store brand products. This award, which ALDI also received in 2015, emphasizes the grocery retailer’s unwavering commitment to quality, value and exceeding shoppers’ expectations.
2018 proved to be a milestone year for ALDI. The company continues to make strides with its $5.3 billion investment in new and remodeled stores, it recently launched a major product expansion emphasizing fresh, organic and easy-to-prepare options, and ALDI online ordering and delivery expanded nationwide through it’s partnership with Instacart.
For the eighth consecutive year, the grocery retailer has been named the Value Leader by Market Force Information, which surveyed nearly 13,000 U.S. consumers.
ALDI also moved up to No. 4 among America’s Favorite Grocery Stores, as measured by customer satisfaction and loyalty, according to Market Force. ALDI was the only grocery retailer among the top five to increase its loyalty score year over year, and it earned top scores in other survey categories, including Checkout Speed and Cashier Courtesy.
Data presented by YouGov, an international Internet-based market research and data analytics firm, also suggests that consumer perception of ALDI either matches or exceeds top competitors on several key brand metrics including purchase consideration and word of mouth momentum. ALDI scores for consumer impression and satisfaction have nearly doubled in the past five years, as U.S. consumers have shown an increased fondness for ALDI and the quality of its products.