PB CAREERS: Sr. Director Culinary & Quality – Walmart US Private Brands
Merchandising and Sourcing
- Drive culinary excellence by sharing, teaching and inspiring our Walmart associates through culinary education, leverage of Culinary Innovation Center, use of our sensory & testing capabilities and sharing of culinary trends. Assures overall service to our customers by soliciting feedback through call centers and online; developing customer retention programs; utilizing input to improve quality program and private brand products; and overseeing execution of and measurement of customer-centric programs to build brands.
- Assures overall quality and safety of Walmart private brand products
- Assures overall service to our customers
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs overall quality strategy for Private Brands to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of achieving quality goals
- Provides overall direction
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Time Type: Full Time
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in business, engineering, or related field and 4 years experience in quality assurance, product development, retail merchandising, or related field OR 8 years experience in quality assurance, product development, retail merchandising, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 5 years experience in quality assurance.
- Master s degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Process Improvement certification (for example, Six Sigma).
Req ID: 1198146BR