Job ID: 734825
Company: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
In the retail market segment, companies have invested in developing Private Label brands to enhance margin and meet customer needs. Many companies have upwards of 20% of their sales from their Private Label brands. Amazon is searching for a leader to grow its burgeoning Softlines Private Brands into a worldwide billion-dollar business within the Clothing, Accessories and Footwear market.
Do you want to create new brands from scratch? Do you want to invent and Think Big to take an idea from concept to reality for Amazon customers? Come join the Amazon Private Brands team, where you will be part of a team that is creating private brands exclusive to Amazon, and where we are building long-term customer preference and loyalty.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help define the strategy to deliver a best-in-class experience for the Softlines Private Brands team. The person will be responsible for setting and implementing the branding and growth strategy and improving processes to scale with high business growth. This product manager will relish the opportunity to take a build a business driving the strategic vision and operational excellence. The ideal candidate will have deep experience with Amazon’s retail playbook, as well as a passion for innovation and being a builder. The Sr. Product Manager will own supplier operations, product replenishment and scaling our process WW. The successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of inventing and simplifying the process, team collaboration and strong analytical skills.
- Build product assortments that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
- Negotiate from a position of strength, using data to drive negotiation targets, and think holistically about cost inputs, including product costs, accruals for damage and freight, volume discounts, etc.
- Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach the company’s financial goals
- Partner with In stock/Planning to meet operational goals
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key supplier and supply chain partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional to improve tools and productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a large company
- P&L experience
- Strong analytical/financial understanding
- Excellent judgment
- Strong ability to influence across multiple key stakeholders
- Experience working in brand management at a large company and experience in product development at either a small company or large retailer.
- Proven results of developing new products in the Softlines space SQL proficiency
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Demonstrated strategic planning as well as tactical execution with good attention to detail
- Strong communication – verbal, written, and presentation skill