Job ID: 727471
Company: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
Country (Full Name): United States
Amazon Private Brands Product Safety and Compliance (PBPSC) is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in cross-functional project management and supply chain processes to drive scalable cross-border initiatives. You will work directly with the Global Product Safety and Compliance team, Retail, 3rd party Service Providers, Legal, Sourcing and Quality Operations, Technical teams, and external business partners to drive compliance initiatives and efficiencies in our Private Brands program.
The position is responsible for leading projects for cross-functional global teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. As part of your scope, you will gather business requirements, develop SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. This role is key to enabling compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory guidelines for the Private Brands Business.
- Build and maintain processes for interactions between Amazon safety and compliance orgs, business partners, vendors/sellers/manufacturers, and 3rd party service providers.
- Develop strong relationships with internal safety and compliance team and external business team stakeholders to lead strategic projects, proactively anticipate customer needs, investigate underlying issues and create short and long-term solutions.
- Analyze and solve operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes and driving forward opportunities. Ensure that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization.
- Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure the completion within established timeframes.
- Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with retail business teams to understand business objectives and communicate reasonable deliverables.
- Making appropriate tradeoffs to manage risk, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to scope and deliver complex solutions
- Keys to success in this role include exceptional program management skills, customer obsession and clear and concise communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate complex issues for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- A relentless drive for results, even in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and champion best-in-class solutions and problem-solving.
- Able to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to execute projects requiring cross-organizational alignment and prioritization
- Previous experience with influencing, consultation/advisement and improving remote operations
- 5+ years of experience in negotiations, pricing, lean supply chain management, international logistics, product safety/compliance, product development, branding, labeling, importing, sourcing.
- Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies
- Proven track record of implementing scalable compliance solutions (technology, procedures, processes, etc.) in a regulated environment
- Client Servicing/Account management within Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance and/or Product Development testing environments
- A formal qualification in project management is desirable.