Waitrose UK based retailer Waitrose & Partners shelves will be turning into a chocoholics’ paradise with a world of new confectionery launching at the supermarket. The new private brand sweets and chocolates include 81 individual new chocolate recipes as part of the retailer’s biggest ever confectionery launch and there will be no black plastic used in any of the new packagings.
From truffles to Turkish delight, caramels to crème brûlée, the range encompasses an array of creative confections made by expert chocolatiers from across six countries, along with more traditional recipes, classic flavors and family favorites such as peppermint creams, chocolate caramels, and vegan coconut ice.
New arrival Waitrose 1, The Classic Edition, contains a selection of decadent treasures made by a family chocolatier in Switzerland. They began making chocolate in 1931 with a teashop in Berne, and soon gained a reputation thanks to their exquisite home-made truffles and chocolates. Today the chocolates are made by the third generation, who still use their grandfather’s chocolate recipes. They source the very best ingredients for their fillings, which include aromatic bitter orange, Turkish hazelnut, and Madagascan vanilla.
Other treats in the collection include Waitrose Cherry Liqueurs – luxurious whole cherries encased in cherry liqueur & dark chocolate, Belgian Flaked Truffles – melt in the mouth truffle centers covered in Belgian milk chocolate then rolled in milk chocolate flakes and on-trend Chocolate Ginger – delicate bitesize pieces of fragrant crystallized ginger smothered in dark chocolate.
Two vegan lines also feature in the range, a creamy Waitrose Coconut Ice that is made in small batches then hand broken into crumbly bite-sized pieces and a delicately flavored Waitrose Turkish Delight, expertly crafted in Turkey to a traditional recipe.
The new confectionery launches online and in Waitrose & Partners shops from September 17th, with another 30 launching for Christmas from the October 3rd.
Full list of new confectionery
- The Chocolate Fascinator 675g £30
- Waitrose 1 The Classic Edition 292g £20
- Chocolate Chest of Drawers 290g £15
- Waitrose 1 The Chocolatier’s Edition 200g £12
- Waitrose 1 Designer Edition 225g £12
- Belgian Chocolate Box 310g £11
- Sweet Treats Selection 250g £10
- Luxury Chocolate Collection 232g £10
- Waitrose 1 Contemporary Edition 150g £8
- Belgian Chocolate box 210g £6.50
- Waitrose 1 Dark Chocolate Truffles 125g £6
- Waitrose 1 Salted Caramel Truffles 120g £6
- Waitrose 1 Champagne Truffles 120g £6
- Chocolate Pyramids 102g £6
- Dessert Collection 122g £6
- Indulgent Chocolate Collection 144g £6
- Italian Gianduiotti 235g £6
- Assorted Truffles 200g £6
- Dark Chocolate Ginger 180g £4
- After Dinner Collection 170g £4
- Belgian Milk Chocolate Flaked Truffles 150g £4
- Belgian Chocolate Caramels 145g £4
- Rose and Lemon Turkish Delight 325g £2.85
- Coconut Ice 200g £2.85
- Mint Creams 200g £2.85
- Mint Thins 150g £2.85
- Fruit and Floral Creams 165g £2.85
- Swiss Neapolitan Chocolates 200g £2.85
- Cherry Liqueurs 250g £2.85
- Mini Chocolate Collection 40g £2.50
- Belgian Chocolate Box 40g £2.50
- Italian Gianduiotti £2.50