As part of the discount retailer’s aggressive growth initiative, ALDI announced late last week a new product expansion designed to deliver more of the fresh products. With an emphasis on fresh, organic and easy-to-prepare options, 20% of products in every ALDI store will be new compared to last year.
With more than 1,800 stores across the country, ALDI is in the midst of an accelerated growth plan, investing more than $5 billion to remodel and expand its store count to 2,500 by the end of 2022. To date, the grocer is more than halfway through its remodel investment. The new ALDI store layout features additional refrigeration space to accommodate even more fresh, healthy and convenient products.
“The continued success of our store expansion and remodel initiatives has given us the opportunity to carefully select and introduce new products that satisfy our customers’ increasing preferences for fresh items, including organic meats, salad bowls, sliced fruits and gourmet cheeses,” said Jason Hart, CEO of ALDI U.S. “We know people lead busy lives, so we’re making it even easier for them to purchase everything on their shopping list at ALDI, while still saving money.”
The nationwide product rollout continues through early 2019. As part of the expansion, ALDI is increasing its fresh food selection by 40% with new items, including:
Fresh and healthy:
- More ready-to-cook and organic fresh meats to make meal preparation easier, including organic chicken breasts and marinated cilantro lime chicken breasts
- Expanded produce selection, including veggie noodles and ready-to-eat sliced fruits, such as mango, pineapple and watermelon spears, and more organics
- The expanding Earth Grown private brand has new vegan and vegetarian options, such as kale and quinoa crunch burgers, and chickenless patties and tenders
- Expanded refrigeration offerings for grab-and-go convenience, including single-serve guacamole and organic hummus, plus fresh fruit and vegetable snack packs
- Newly added fresh organic salsa, antipasti salad, gourmet olives and calzones
- More drinks and refrigerated beverages, such as strawberry kefir and kombucha
- More easy-to-prepare meal starters, including quinoa bowls, premium pasta sauces and vegetarian options, like meatless hot dogs and sausages
- More baked goods, like white and whole wheat pita breads, sourdough loaves and gluten-free bagels
- With the addition of organic almond milk, coconut milk and a full range of lactose-free and soy milk, ALDI now offers one of the country’s largest selections of private label milk alternatives
ALDI recently has received more than 300 product awards for its private brand wines, cheeses, and exclusive product lines. As well as several Vertex Awards for private brand design. Recognized private brand products include Little Journey baby essentials; SimplyNature products, which include many organic options and are free from more than 125 ingredients; liveGfree, a gluten-free brand that features pasta, snacks, and baking mixes; Never Any! meats with no antibiotics, added hormones or animal byproducts; and Elevation bars and protein powders. Both the liveGfree and Never Any! lines recently earned the Good Housekeeping Seal.