Job ID: 697304
Company: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
Do you want to create new brands from scratch? Are you an expert in (or curious about) CPG products from shampoos and hair care to ketchup and pasta sauce? Do you want to invent and Think Big to take an idea from concept to reality for Amazon customers? Come join the Manufacturer Accelerator Program within the Consumables team, that enables CPG manufacturers to create new brands exclusively for Amazon’s customers. We will create brands for products that span the CPG landscape and deliver great value to customers across various Amazon programs including Pantry, Fresh, Prime Now and Go.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and highly motivated Sr. Product Manager to join the team. The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for key aspects of the program including supplier on-boarding, cost / legal negotiations and pricing Amazon-exclusive selection. You must possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of successful negotiations, team collaboration, and strong analytical acumen. Enthusiasm for a start-up/builder role a plus.
The Sr. Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Scale outreach to the universe of private label and contract
- Negotiate product costs and legal contracts with suppliers
- Develop techniques for pricing Amazon-exclusive products in a scalable manner
- Partner with companies deeper in the CPG supply chain such as flavor/fragrance, packaging, and technology vendors as well as importers to drive innovation
- Partner with Consumables, Prime Pantry, Prime Fresh, Prime Now, Campus and Amazon Go buying teams to target major selection and profitability gaps
- Detect trends in Amazon and 3rd party data to guide selection and merchandising
- Develop requirements for and partner with tech teams for automating program processes
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years in buying, account management, project or product management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Track record of ownership and delivering results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Demonstrated ability to influence across a large, multi-faceted organization
- A creative and analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment