Corporate Office, Memphis, Tennessee, United States
At AutoZone, we have put customers first since 1979, when our first store was opened in Forrest City, Arkansas. As the leading retailer and a leading distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories with stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and Brazil; AutoZone has been committed to providing the best parts, prices and customer service in the automotive aftermarket industry. We have a rich culture and history of going the Extra Mile for our customers and our community. At AutoZone you’re not just doing a job; you’re playing a crucial role in creating a better experience for our customers, while creating opportunities to DRIVE YOUR CAREER almost anywhere! We are looking for talented people who are customer focused, enjoy helping others and have the DRIVE to excel in a fast-paced environment!
AutoZone is looking for a motivated organized individual to fill the Global Sourcing Manager – Private Label position. This role is responsible for strategically leading the Product management process by supporting the merchandising team and establishing Product standards. Duties include management of the Product Requirements Document (PRD), Project Management for PRD, Packaging and Artwork management and Compliance support. In addition, the role will be in charge process documentation, assigned by the manager. The ideal candidate will be able to strategically manage existing systems while working to monitor and continuously improve their effectiveness. This role with work closely with internal and industry resources to identify and monitor product laws affecting AutoZone’s product then develop appropriate programs and training.
- Provide strategic direction for AutoZone’s Product Management program. The job is to manage the projects with teams around the world to ensure establishing standards/brands and documentation.
- Determine the budgetary requirements needed to manage the program.
- Collaborate with merchandising on changes to product requirements from attributes perspective
- Develop standard product requirements documents for key categories for manufacturers to review and use to submit quotes
- Plan and track the development schedule of all projects to ensure timely completion following the predetermined product requirements calendar
- Worked with international teams and factories to produce a product that meets customer requirements and generates internal cost-savings requirements.
- Be the liaison between countries to answer product questions and provide innovative suggestions for any potential roadblocks in production
- Collaborate with testing labs on changes to product requirements from test standards perspective
- Provide technical knowledge to achieve resolution of quality issues through knowledge of various manufacturing methods
- Manage 3rdparty product testing, packaging contracts, and business interaction
- Evaluate development samples against requirements accuracy and functionality
- Administrator role for software tools to manage Packaging/Artwork and Product Information Warehouse/PRD, and ensure factories are using correct source files for product and packaging artwork
- Limited international and domestic travel required
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience in a corporate setting
- 4-year degree – Engineering (Automotive/Mechanical or Industrial), Quality or Management preferred
- A dynamic personality who can manage many projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Relationship builder, demonstrating an ability to listen and respond to a wide variety of questions
- Ability to present product presentations with knowledge and confidence to explain each item and its distinguishing factors
- Strong understanding of overseas sourcing and various manufacturing methods
- Analytical skills and statistical analysis proficiency
- Superior verbal & written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project & MS Share Point
- Strong understanding of automotive products with automotive industry experience
- Understanding of retail organization product management system
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems such as ISO9001 or TS16949
- Ability to work across multiple functions and lines of business
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally per business needs
- Experience as a leader of project teams
- PMP or equivalent certified
- ASE certified
- Retail/business experience – automotive experience a plus