Job ID: 694424
Company: Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
Do you have a passion for products? Do you want to build a business from the ground up? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If yes, you should consider Amazon Private Label.
The US Private Label team is looking for a customer-obsessed, growth-minded Sr. Product Manager to help drive private label development on some of the most exciting categories at Amazon.com. In this role, you will be in charge of:
- Rapidly expanding your existing business
- Identifying new product development opportunities and bringing them to market.
- Coordinating product development across international, cross-functional teams.
- Designing and implementing new processes to help scale the business.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about products, have strong product development and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. S/he should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating business plans to driving product development. The candidate should also feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a very entrepreneurial environment. The Sr. Product Manager will interact with and influence multiple teams across the organization (US and global).
Traits of success:
- Understand market trends and build business cases for new product opportunities.
- Manage the product lifecycle from ideation through commercialization.
- Be a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves products, loves solving difficult problems and “getting it done.”
- Be comfortable collaborating and influencing team members including retail, sourcing, legal, patent, social compliance and product compliance.
- Be responsible for building and executing on new initiatives and roadmaps each year.
- Partner with country teams to launch products globally.
- Have the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with the technical team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Excel
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Strong analytic abilities with experience using qualitative and quantitative skills to develop product strategies.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience in retail, marketing, brand management, brand development, sourcing, or experience working closely with those functional areas
- Experience developing private label products