PB CAREERS: Hy-Vee, Private Brands Business Manager
Company Name: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Company Location: West Des Moines, IA, US
Department: Private Brands Revision Date: 7/2018
Responsible for all aspects of Private Label Business planning, including sales, promotions and new item innovation for a given group of our Private Brands manufacturers. Responsible for managing and meeting or exceeding an agreed upon sales plan. Direct representative for the supplier and works closely with the Director of Private Brand Procurement. Develops strong supplier relationships to ensure all jointly created goals are being met.
Accountable and Reports to: GVP, Private Brands
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides friendly service to both stores and suppliers.
- Driving Private Brand sales.
- Develop and execute Joint Business Plans with assigned group of our Private Brand suppliers.
- Work with the Dir. of Private Brands to develop Incremental sales opportunities for our Retail Sales representatives to sell to stores.
- Lead Product Innovation efforts within the categories and suppliers assigned to you.
- Work in conjunction with the buyers and procurement team to create, maintain and execute an effective promotional plan for your assigned group of vendors.
- Work with your assigned suppliers to identify missing items in the Hy-Vee Private Brand portfolio.
- Maintain Hy-Vee’s brand identity across all projects.
- Responsible for new items, deals and assisting with the GM/HBC and Holiday shows.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties And Responsibilities
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education And Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years’ experience in a creative, marketing, advertising or design environment.
- Visual requirements include the ability to see detail at a near and far range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform light work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 20 pounds, and frequent standing or walking.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
- Ability to take art direction and constructive feedback while collaborating in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions.
- Ability to interact with basic computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications, as well as job-specific programs.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, extreme confidentiality, accuracy and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
The duties of this position are performed in a general office environment. There is constant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard office equipment including telephone, 10-key calculator, copier, fax, PC with word processing and spreadsheet software, MAC with design software.
Financial Responsibility: None
Has daily contact with stores, suppliers/vendors, and the general public.
Confidentiality: Has access to confidential information including knowledge of advertising rates, pricing information, and store sales.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Financial Responsibility: None
Contacts: Has daily contact with store and office personnel, suppliers/vendors and the general public.
Has access to confidential information, including store inventory information, item costs, and margins.