Merchandising Long Island City, New York
Recipe for Success
The Senior Associate Manager, Private Brands will support the Private Brand Team, managing self-manufactured and Private Brand goods post-launch. In addition to identifying and pursuing cost savings opportunities, the position will lead promotional plan development, supply chain optimization, and extension/discontinuation plans for the current assortment among other day-to-day management activities.
- Negotiate and maintain competitive component costs for all private brand suppliers; seek to improve cost positioning through terms negotiation and payment method optimization
- Establish and build relationships through frequent interaction with suppliers; confirm promotions and sales plans; on-going exploration of innovation and line extension opportunities
- Develop and maintain promotional and marketing plan and objectives for all private brand programs; analyze the effectiveness and adjust as needed
- Consult business partners on distribution model optimization to drive costs out of the supply chain (backhaul, off-site storage plans etc.); create inventory turn objectives and minimize inventory outages
- Develop and maintain benchmarks that will determine private brand program success; utilize data to analyze and forecast results, recommending adjustments to improve performance as needed
- Conduct category reviews and recommend adjustments to existing SKU mix; including extension and discontinuation plan and seasonal price/promotion/assortment changes
- Establish retail price strategy, gross profit, sales objectives for existing private brand programs
- Be responsible and accountable for cross-functional P&L; achieve sales and gross margin budgets for the assigned categories
- Host maintenance cuttings to ensure all products continue to meet product specifications after launch; continually share feedback with supplier community to improve quality
Key ingredients –
- Possess excellent leadership, negotiating, and planning (forecasting) skills
- Financial acumen and analytical skills / Budget-management skills and proficiency / previous P&L experience a plus
- Comfortable juggling and coordinating multiple projects across several key marketing channels simultaneously
- Must be detail orientated with optimal organizational skills; with a focus on teamwork, project management and follow-up
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to autonomously create and track progress in an ambiguous fast paced environment
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
Who is FreshDirect?
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast’s leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the greater D.C. metropolitan area. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio in NYC with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of fresh food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered within an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Long Island City, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine – lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible and generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese and Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues and <=”” span=”” style=”color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Candara; font-size: 11pt;”>annual company picnic for friends and family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect – https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.