The Product Development Manager of Private Brands is responsible for development and implementation of the Private Brand strategies and product development and offerings throughout the Couche-Tard family. The Product Development Manager manages the relationships with Suppliers, Manufacturers, Creative, Procurement and Operations as well as stewarding all necessary quality and safety controls. The Product Development Manager of Private Brands is ultimately responsible for the superior execution of developed programs in North America while seeking/developing new opportunities for growth.
- Manage PB categories and development of our private label business in to secure optimal COGS, improved profitability and differentiation in our markets.
- Manage product development and implementation with manufacturers, distributors, creative teams, Procurement and Operations and secure product placement of Private/Exclusive Brand
- Secure compliance of packaging, design and legal requirements for products in collaboration with QA / Legal and required regulatory
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to define communication objectives and strategies for PL marketing implementation and ongoing
- Collaborate with ACT Business units to secure adoption and implementation of products
- Build a pipeline of innovation initiatives and relevant product lines in order to deliver on tomorrow.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparation of annual business
- Develop internal and external presentations as needed for business reviews etc.; Able to create storylines and convey strategic messages into professional presentations
- Ensure Safety and Quality are secured in all products and ACT company and shareholder best interests are always at the center of decision making
- Engage in regular BU and market visits; Participate in relevant industry events
- Ad hoc problem solving and day to day tasks as needed to support company needs
- Flexible with working hours and travel to support all global ways of working
- Broad experience in vendor selection, management, supply chain and quality assurance in a retail or CPG environment
- Demonstrated experience leading businesses or product lines in excess of $100M
- A minimum of 10 years or more experience working in Merchandising, Operations or related industry
- Skilled using marketing metrics, consumer insights, and data to drive business decisions
- Analytical skills and interested in fact-based decision making
- Strong understanding of retail store operations and needs is a plus
- Hands-on ability to collaborate with different functions in the organization
- Experience with working across multiple cultures is an advantage
- Proven problem-solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is a plus.
- Category management and/or product development training
- Project Management training or competencies is a plus
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Valid Driver License
PERSONALITY PROFILE (UCF)
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering results and meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Customer focus: Identifies and understands customer needs and puts them first in all activities and efforts
- Commercial mindset: Goes the extra mile to drive the commercial success of the company.
- Continuous improvement: Courageously moves the company forward today and into the future of retail
- Cooperation: Supportive and positive team player and committed to company decisions and making us succeed together
- Personal integrity: Promotes and lives the company standard of ethics, openness, and values
- Employee engagement: Leads high-performing teams by organizing, developing supporting and empowering employees.
- Strategic Execution: Understands and drives the company strategy in our organization and the marketplace
Job Type: Full-time