What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Merchandising and Sourcing
- Contributes to strategic product development plans
- Contributes to the Product Development infrastructure
- Develops timelines
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Identifies and develops business opportunities for the Private Brand portfolio
- Manages the development of Private Brand products with other business areas (for example, Brand Marketing, Merchandising)
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Provides technical support to the Private Brand team
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Employment Type: Full Time
Requisition Template: Home Office
Req ID: 1019752BR