Merchandising and Sourcing
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in assigned category and applies this to the development, improvement, and quality analysis of products
- Develops and applies technologies and product lines related to product development or quality business objectives for a category (for example, dairy)
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Oversees the planning and execution of development projects of existing or new products
- Provides overall direction
- Provides overall direction for the Private Brand Product Quality Development
Sam Walton opened the first Sam’s Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam’s Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam’s Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Food Science or related field and 10 years experience in food product development or related experience OR 15 years experience in food product development or related experience.
Division: Sams Club
Employment Type:Full Time
Requisition TemplateHome Office
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.