As a Director of Hard Home Design, you will be responsible for “driving design leadership”, by delivering the correct interpretation of selling information, market trends, color direction, for the various categories of the home business for Bed Bath & Beyond and all subsidiaries, (buy buy BABY, Harmon, CTS, international, etc.). The Director is also responsible for creating unique and differentiated products to propel growth for the company. The Director will develop internal/private brands that are aspirational, and deliver a consistent message of “quality, function, and style” that the customer can expect from BBB. This design position is a distinct opportunity for the company to expand its exclusive relationship with the consumer.
- Support product differentiation with in-house execution of custom tailored product concepts.
- Facilitate the execution of our private brands, into specific categories where they can make an impact.
- Design, and build private label brands from conception to market.
- Generate and present concept boards to Merchandising Teams.
- Create new products that reflect market trends and match customer needs.
- Work collaboratively to develop new areas of opportunities and create aesthetic strategies to support concepts.
- Create CAD’s or technical specs for each design or collection.
- Provide models or mockups for projects that need a higher level of communication.
- Daily communication with overseas partners regarding development/sampling process.
- Travel overseas to work with manufacturers to evolve current designs and to look for additional areas of opportunity.
- Constantly shop competitors to understand the market, make sure design provides differentiation, and are Best in Class.
- Approve all final design details, samples and pre-production samples.
- Domestic and overseas travel to trade shows in order to stay current with fashion trends.
- Applicant must have strong technical knowledge of production techniques and experience with factories overseas.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills. Clearly presents concept boards, CAD’s, plans, status, issues, risks, and requirements to appropriate audiences.
- Superb design management and time management skills. Effective management of multiple, concurrent projects against aggressive timelines without compromising accuracy or quality.
- Flexibility to travel on Europea trend trips, and sourcing/PD trips in Asia.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and strict deadlines.
- Proficient in relevant computer programs, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Ashlar vellum, solidworks, or Ned Graphics.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degrees in industrial design or graphic design education is preferred
Requisition Number: 20446
Country: UNITED STATES