Merchandising and Sourcing
- Builds the supplier matrix for designated strategic business unit (SBU) categories
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Identifies suppliers based on their alignment with product technical specifications
- Manages the timely completion of key milestones necessary for downstream functions
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports activities related to sourcing private label product through all sourcing paths
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field and 3 years experience in sourcing, supply chain, merchandising, or related field OR 5 years experience in sourcing, supply chain, merchandising, or related field.
2 years experience planning and managing budgets.
2 years experience working on multi-national teams.
4 years experience in global sourcing.
4 years manufacturing experience.
Six Sigma or related certification.
Employment Type: Full Time
Req ID: 997109BR
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.